ADVERTISEMENT

Kyren Williams - Doing it again (So Proud of Him)

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
An amazing talent!!! Anytime I think of his time at Notre Dame - it is the Clemson and North Carolina games that come to mind. He seemingly never asked for anyone to give him anything - he was and is willing to work and prove his value. I recall him being benched for fumbling and he just kept his head down and worked. He is an exceptional example for those who face any type of adversity (doubters) - he bet on himself, and it is paying off, Go Kyren - Go Irish!!!!

He blocks catches passes can run inside and outside total stud his game reminds me of Emmitt Smith. No breakaway speed but tons of everything else.

I'll never forget the busted play against North Carolina when he reversed course and put a defensive end, I think, on the ground with one of the most impressive stiff arms I've ever seen. He may not be a track star but he always played fast enough.

Kyren has patiently waited his turn and is now making the most of it. Good for him. He's a great kid.

I was in the Stadium for the 2021 game vs. North Carolina and I will forever remember his 91-yd TD run in that game. What a run it was! From the stiff arm to the NC LB at about the 4 yard line and then the sprint down the sideline after a great block by Michael Mayer. And seeing Avery Davis turn on the jets to wall off the last NC defender was amazing.

It is worth another look:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jersey Domer
Kyren has patiently waited his turn and is now making the most of it. Good for him. He's a great kid.

I was in the Stadium for the 2021 game vs. North Carolina and I will forever remember his 91-yd TD run in that game. What a run it was! From the stiff arm to the NC LB at about the 4 yard line and then the sprint down the sideline after a great block by Michael Mayer. And seeing Avery Davis turn on the jets to wall off the last NC defender was amazing.

It is worth another look:

Wow!! I am jealous of you being there and having that lifelong experience. It is a play that will be remembered for years to come. K. Will - Exceptional!!!

Wow!! I am jealous of you being there and having that lifelong experience. It is a play that will be remembered for years to come. K. Will - Exceptional!!!

Thanks, Domer. It was indeed a play I will always remember. I was also in the stands as a student for Eric Penick's 85-yd TD run against USC in 1973. That one will stand out for me as probably the single most memorable play I have seen in person at ND Stadium. The Kyren Williams play was a niftier and more difficult run, but the stakes were much larger in the 1973 game against USC, and the Penick run was the key play of the game.

I was lucky enough to have my grandson with me at the North Carolina game, and so the Kyren Williams run will be a special memory for both of us.

Those are memories that will last a lifetime and is cemented as a part of your legacy and being able to share the North Carolina moment with your grandson - Nice!!!!

Wow! I recall the USC game in 1973. Go Irish!!!

Not too many other backs in our history you want with the ball when you really needed something. He is the definition of "make you miss in a phone booth"

Reactions: Golson5
He blocks catches passes can run inside and outside total stud his game reminds me of Emmitt Smith. No breakaway speed but tons of everything else.
Yet, as a 3*, #34 RB in his class he wouldn't have been a take for you, right Chase?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. We all can feel your passion for ND and your desire for us to get back to the top ('89 was a looong time ago!) But I really feel Marcus is building on what Kelly started and that was such an improvement over 1995-2011... With Marcus and the team he's building I like our chances going forward.

Merry Christmas, Chase.

Merry Christmas to all of you guys! Enjoy that spiked eggnog!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT