ADVERTISEMENT

KVA - 5 star

Now a 5 star on Rivals

Hes elite and always has been if you watched the film

Chase probably said it was an okay commit when we got him. But he's always been elite

Just like Golden and Lange who he doesnt think are anything special

WATCH THE FILM
thanks Mel

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Now a 5 star on Rivals

Chase probably said it was an okay commit when we got him. But he's always been elite

WATCH THE FILM
I really think Bowen is going to have a difficult time staying in front of KVA even this year.

Drayk's Sr Film and Frosh year at ND he has looked slower/less agile than his earlier HS film.

I saw Cam and Guerby moved up too. I worry a bit that there’s not enough depth in the 24 class compared to previous years or even what 25 is shaping up to be. But the top 5-6 guys that we have in 24 are as good as any we’ve brought in recently IMO

I really think Bowen is going to have a difficult time staying in front of KVA even this year.

Drayk's Sr Film and Frosh year at ND he has looked slower/less agile than his earlier HS film.
KVA can play Will as well so they can play on the field together if they are the 2 best

I saw Cam and Guerby moved up too. I worry a bit that there’s not enough depth in the 24 class compared to previous years or even what 25 is shaping up to be. But the top 5-6 guys that we have in 24 are as good as any we’ve brought in recently IMO
I love the depth. I think the 23 class was a little better but both top 10 classes

Now a 5 star on Rivals

WATCH THE FILM
Do you think we get Lange? How about Strebig?

NDs classes were outside of the top 10 in both 23 & 24

KVA is ranked 66 ovr in the 247 composite which is nowhere near a 5-star

This is your typical status quo Notre Dame 10 to 15th class with 10 to 15th talent no needle moved on the talent front

This is your typical status quo Notre Dame 10 to 15th class with 10 to 15th talent no needle moved on the talent front
This is all bull

Also, the only site to do their final ranking is Rivals and he finished a 5 star

KVA will be a top 40 player when all is updated on the

Nice try

KVA can play Will as well so they can play on the field together if they are the 2 best
No way KVA and Bowen are on the field together vs key teams in base packages with game in doubt.

That could happen possibly in 2025, but not next year.

Even then I want Sneed/Ausberry to earn playing time as I think they are more talented than Bowen, and I hope our talent rises to the top in 25 and you see KVA, Sneed, Ausberry as starting 3 LBs.

No way KVA and Bowen are on the field together vs key teams in base packages with game in doubt.

That could happen possibly in 2025, but not next year.

Even then I want Sneed/Ausberry to earn playing time as I think they are more talented than Bowen, and I hope our talent rises to the top in 25 and you see KVA, Sneed, Ausberry as starting 3 LBs.
I wasn't saying in 24. I was speaking in general

But the point is, if they are the best 2, they can play together because KVA can play Will

It's not one or the other. Kva has position flexibility

I wasn't saying in 24. I was speaking in general

But the point is, if they are the best 2, they can play together because KVA can play Will

It's not one or the other. Kva has position flexibility
Sure, I just think Golden/Freeman want and need more athleticism on the field than KVA/Bowen. That would be a less athletic duo than 2 of the Marist, Betrand, Kiser trio.

Instincts can make up for lack of athleticism at times, we'll see if Bowen has them.

Sure, I just think Golden/Freeman want and need more athleticism on the field than KVA/Bowen. That would be a less athletic duo than 2 of the Marist, Betrand, Kiser trio.

Instincts can make up for lack of athleticism at times, we'll see if Bowen has them.
Bowen is more athletic than Bertrand. And thats who he would be replacing

Might as well throw Augustine into the question as well. Right now I’d guess we get all three. Thinking Augustine might pop in February, and hoping Lange follows suit. Strebig might be a very long wait. Hope not.
How would you rate those 3 as prospects and throw in Will Black ?

My list based on long term potential would be

1. Jack Lange
2. Will Black
3. Owen Strebig
4. Matty Augustine

Would be a hell of a OL class. All tackles, all big bodies

1. Jack Lange
2. Will Black
3. Owen Strebig
4. Matty Augustine

That is a really tough call. I actually Think Black might prove to be the best, so I would flip him and Lange, but otherwise agree with your list. I’m really curious as to whether at least one of these could move inside. I can’t get over the size and athleticism of these guys! If we miss on Strebig, it would still be a great haul by Rudolph.

Reactions: IrishMike409

1. Jack Lange
2. Will Black
3. Owen Strebig
4. Matty Augustine

It seems like Strebig is the most highly regarded. I think Augustine is firmly behind the other 3. Would 4 tackles not be a little much for one class? And no inside guys

It seems like Strebig is the most highly regarded. I think Augustine is firmly behind the other 3. Would 4 tackles not be a little much for one class? And no inside guys
You can also move tackles inside. It's much harder to move guards outside

I actually prefer this which is what HH used to do a lot

I disagree, Bowen was crazy slow this year for whatever reason
No he wasn't. He looked slow on coverage because he shouldn't be out there and probably didn't know what he was doing. When he was coming forward and knew where to go he looked very athletic

He's a 2 sport kid and is very athletic for a Mike backer

Reactions: IrishMike409
You can also move tackles inside. It's much harder to move guards outside

I actually prefer this which is what HH used to do a lot
It does seem that Rudolph is taking after HH in regards to preferring "tackle " bodies in his recruits

No he wasn't. He looked slow on coverage because he shouldn't be out there and probably didn't know what he was doing. When he was coming forward and knew where to go he looked very athletic

Hope you're right, don't see it. Sr film wasn't as good, AA bowl he looked slow, and thought he did in his few chances this year. Spring will obviously be big (he playing baseball this year?)

Hope you're right, don't see it. Sr film wasn't as good, AA bowl he looked slow, and thought he did in his few chances this year. Spring will obviously be big (he playing baseball this year?)
I agree. Haven’t seen much film on him, but the few times I’ve seen him play in games, been surprised by how slow he looks moving laterally. The AA bowl was my first impression, and I was disappointed. But knowing the scheme and position responsibilities in a new system is mentally challenging at first for disciplined players with a commitment to being position correct. I’m thinking and hoping this was the case with Bowen his freshman year, and we see an agile instinctive fast reacting linebacker this Spring. Based on last season and limited playing, I think Ausberry was the better player.

TBH-that could be a problem for him. I think baseball might be a limiting factor. Not saying it will for sure but something that should be considered.

I agree. Haven’t seen much film on him, but the few times I’ve seen him play in games, been surprised by how slow he looks moving laterally. The AA bowl was my first impression, and I was disappointed. But knowing the scheme and position responsibilities in a new system is mentally challenging at first for disciplined players with a commitment to being position correct. I’m thinking and hoping this was the case with Bowen his freshman year, and we see an agile instinctive fast reacting linebacker this Spring. Based on last season and limited playing, I think Ausberry was the better player.
Yep, his Sr year he really slowed down and everyone blamed injury, then they blamed same injury for AA game/practice. He looked slow in Kick off coverage and his few chances during the season, even at the bowl game. To me, he gained 20-25 lbs since his JR year, and it has really impacted his agility.

ND 2024 team ranking is inside the top 10 on Rivals, On3 & 247…

Reactions: BGI User 756
Yep, his Sr year he really slowed down and everyone blamed injury, then they blamed same injury for AA game/practice. He looked slow in Kick off coverage and his few chances during the season, even at the bowl game. To me, he gained 20-25 lbs since his JR year, and it has really impacted his agility.
Well, he’s added 10 lb since last year and is now 6’2” and 244. Added size and muscle intentionally. He’s not going to be asked to cover, but be a dominant run stopper who can shed blocks, etc… and primarily play between the tackles.

Well, he’s added 10 lb since last year and is now 6’2” and 244. Added size and muscle intentionally. He’s not going to be asked to cover, but be a dominant run stopper who can shed blocks, etc… and primarily play between the tackles.
But golden loves to blitz lbs and you need agility

And there she is. On the other side of the fence today

Rivals ‘24. 9th. 68 places ahead of Deion. Player average = 5th.

Rivals ‘23. 11th. 20 places ahead of Deion. Player average = 4th

On3 ‘24. 10th. 47 places ahead of Deion. Player average = 6th

On3 ‘23 10th. 25 places ahead of Deion. Player average = 5th

247 ‘24 10th. 96 places ahead of Deion.
Player average = 7th

247 ‘23 12th. 19 is paces ahead of Deion.
Player average = 5th

Busted

Reactions: mmca and Golson5

KVA is 41st overall on the composite

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT