ADVERTISEMENT

Just add it to another "Freeman" thread...

clover3ND

Shakes Down The Thunder
Aug 9, 2008
Man, I really wanted to see this guy succeed. Really seems like a good straight-up character type of guy, but it is blatantly obvious that he is well over his head. This team is just so dang undisciplined and lacks basic fundamentals. I hope he can turn this ship around, but I don't see this happening any time soon. It's going to be a long 5 years if he doesn't make some quick and stark adjustments on his staff.

Reactions: cgaynor
5 years? He’s gone in a year and a month if he doesn’t get way better. It’s Oct 7. And the feeling is not much better than last year. They’ve beaten one quality team.

7 games and they have no identity. The Parker experiment needs to be over in December. Al Golden needs to go find that job he’s really seems like he’s searching for.

5 years? He’s gone in a year and a month if he doesn’t get way better. It’s Oct 7. And the feeling is not much better than last year. They’ve beaten one quality team.
Unless Freeman goes 1-11/ 2-10, there is no way ND will fire him. In my opinion, they will give him his time. Talent wise, any D1 coach can coach this team to an 8-4 record. That will be enough to save his job. Freeman will be here for a while. Hopefully he can make the changes on his staff to turn things around.

He has to hire experienced coordinators. So he can learn how to head coach. Parker is not. And I’ve said this over and over. I feel like Golden is one foot in the door. He’s looking for a HC gig. I just feel like there’s a passion missing with him. I could be wrong.

His decision making skills be it game management or selecting key members of his staff should call for his firing at the end of this season

It's not going to improve fast enough to exist in the standard by which ND trys to sell itself

I don’t think Golden is the problem whatsoever, the defense had been very good for 6 weeks but the lack of offense has worn the defense down IMO.

Man, I really wanted to see this guy succeed. Really seems like a good straight-up character type of guy, but it is blatantly obvious that he is well over his head. This team is just so dang undisciplined and lacks basic fundamentals. I hope he can turn this ship around, but I don't see this happening any time soon. It's going to be a long 5 years if he doesn't make some quick and stark adjustments on his staff.
I’d agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT