ADVERTISEMENT

Jewell lloyd

Izo

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 1, 2008
Watching Liberty beat Lloyd and Seattle 78-62. Lloyd was the#1 pick .Still doesn't make sense to me why she left after junior year ,since WNBA salaries are in the 75,000 dollar range ..I know B. Stewart ,UConn ,would be the #1 pick with Lloyd probably a top 5 next year ..

Lloyd is averaging about 9 points a game ,but as the # 1 pick , thought she would be better .Has a ways to go.

Did Muffet talk to her ? Lloyd 's mother wanted her to declare ? Lloyd just didn't want to play another year of college ball?

The top 3 picks get can better contracts than players drafted later, a couple girls out of Uconn and someone else and Lloyd could find herself outside the top 3, plus what was she coming back for? Lose to Uconn for a 4th straight year. Please s if she knew she was going to Seattle Washington has no state income tax, gotta save those dollars where you can.

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
The top 3 picks get can better contracts than players drafted later, a couple girls out of Uconn and someone else and Lloyd could find herself outside the top 3, plus what was she coming back for? Lose to Uconn for a 4th straight year. Please s if she knew she was going to Seattle Washington has no state income tax, gotta save those dollars where you can.

scuba, don't say that to coolirish. I guaranteed that UConn would win by 10+ points in that title game a few months ago and I was lambasted by all comers. What happened? UConn won by 10.

Lloyd will rack up some good pro cash and finish her degree sometime down the road. I don't get why some are surprised by her decision still? Like you said it's a guaranteed loss again next year against the UConn men. The only thing that could happen is getting injured. She made the right call.

yeah you were right about UConn winning but only because our irish couldn't couldn't hit the broad side of a barn win it came to making buckets in the second half. someday the UConn wbb team is going to have some down years like every team does in sports and i'll be laughing win it does. if ucla could fall on hard times in basket and the canes of Miami in football then so can UConn in wbb

yeah you were right about UConn winning but only because our irish couldn't couldn't hit the broad side of a barn win it came to making buckets in the second half. someday the UConn wbb team is going to have some down years like every team does in sports and i'll be laughing win it does. if ucla could fall on hard times in basket and the canes of Miami in football then so can UConn in wbb
I am hoping that playing in a terrible conference will eventually catch up with UConn's recruiting, but there's no sign of that thus far.

She can finish up her degree whenever. Assuming she also plays in Europe, making over $200 grand/year seems like the smart move. That only seems like a small amount of money compared to other ridiculous professional athletic salaries.

So I was wrong to question Lloyd's motives . But still very disappointed in her play .The first pick in the 2015 WNBA draft should be playing better.

ADVERTISEMENT