ADVERTISEMENT

Is Kelly Doing Enough?

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
To get Ishaq Williams back on the team?

It is clear that we are an experience and deep team with one (not glaring but still a) weakness... DE. Ishaq is an experienced guy with the tools -- and now the inside push and LBs -- to free him to run wild.

He's done his time. Bring him back, Brian. Make it happen. We have a chance to be special this year. Why are we d-ing around?

Why is the obligation on BK to bring Ishaq back. Ishaq had to know that to get back on the team for a final year would require him to get academically good to be readmitted into the university. Kei has been in constant contact with BK and the staff and enrolled elsewhere to keep up with his academics while he was exiled. Ishaq has not remained in contact with BK, not sure why that is BK's issue.

We may not even have room for him, by the time the season starts.

Seems to me the ball is plainly in Ishaq's court......BK has to see HIM make the effort. Also we are not really sure IF he will be better or not.

To get Ishaq Williams back on the team?

It is clear that we are an experience and deep team with one (not glaring but still a) weakness... DE. Ishaq is an experienced guy with the tools -- and now the inside push and LBs -- to free him to run wild.

He's done his time. Bring him back, Brian. Make it happen. We have a chance to be special this year. Why are we d-ing around?
We already have a numbers issue. Maybe Kelly doesn't really want him back, adding another player to our numbers issue..

Yeah, you guys are right, I'm not here to knock Kelly (we seem to expect more from our kids i.e. they need to man up for their actions both in and out of school) -- I jus hope the football office has been in touch with IW and keeping him informed. (I have read that pro scouts like IW's measure-ables, despite his lack of production thus far...) It would be a shame to miss out on a potential pro player because of lack of communication.

But I agree, hand-holding at this stage of the game is not required.

(*I just feel we are so close to having a final four team next year - and Ishaq could be the final piece of the puzzle!)

It really doesn't matter if Ishaq is in fact the missing piece. He was found responsible for academic misconduct, and he's 100% responsible for doing what is necessary to get read mitten. The contrast between his reported lack of effort and communication compared to Russell is telling. Don't lay this at Kelly's feet.

It really doesn't matter if Ishaq is in fact the missing piece. He was found responsible for academic misconduct, and he's 100% responsible for doing what is necessary to get read mitten. The contrast between his reported lack of effort and communication compared to Russell is telling. Don't lay this at Kelly's feet.
Read Mitten. Gotta love auto correct.

Coaches Kelly, VanGorder, and Gilmore have made it perfectly clear that they would love having Ishaq on the team this fall, but will he be allowed back into ND. It is common knowledge that coaches don't mess in academic affairs, if they want to stay at ND. I hope Ishaq did his do diligence or he'll never play at Notre Dame again. The balls in his court and has been for months now.
1. this is NOT on Kelly or the Staff
2. IW will play somewhere in '15, if he is serious about a football career
3. IW is responsible for IW; and the consequences of his actions or inaction.

ADVERTISEMENT