ADVERTISEMENT

Interview with Jack Swarbrick

Ara, thank you! Totally enjoyed the read and looking forward to part 2. Every time I read an interview with Jack, I come away thinking how fortunate we are to have him as our AD.

Ara, thank you! Totally enjoyed the read and looking forward to part 2. Every time I read an interview with Jack, I come away thinking how fortunate we are to have him as our AD.

I agree, we're fortunate to have Jack Swarbrick as AD … he buys into the concept of Notre Dame, and the idea that our athletes are students first.

I like his comment …
“It was about, ‘We want our students to be students. We don’t want them to be employees — not because we don’t value them. Just the opposite. It’s because we value them so highly that we want them to have the full student experience.’

“And if someone said to us that they just can’t be students, that they have to be employees, we would find another way to go forward where they still could be students. And our motivation has nothing to do with finances.”

I agree, we're fortunate to have Jack Swarbrick as AD … he buys into the concept of Notre Dame, and the idea that our athletes are students first.

I like his comment …
“It was about, ‘We want our students to be students. We don’t want them to be employees — not because we don’t value them. Just the opposite. It’s because we value them so highly that we want them to have the full student experience.’

“And if someone said to us that they just can’t be students, that they have to be employees, we would find another way to go forward where they still could be students. And our motivation has nothing to do with finances.”

jack has this correct; college football is played by students "emrolled" at the universities; not employed by the university.

There is a difference between the stadium custodian and the student!

If someone wants to be paid - get in line for a job application! without the college education you will be getting in those lines pretty frequently!

Reactions: ndaustin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT