ADVERTISEMENT

Impact Freshmen

continuallyirish

Rockne's Water Boy
Dec 5, 2014
Not sure where I saw this but some analysts were saying ESB ( WR ) and Tllery are potential 1st rd picks down the road .

The one analyst said ESB might be the closest we have gotten to M Floyd . If Tillery is as good as advertised the defense has to be much better than last yr . With S Day - Jones - Tillery we should have as good an interior defense vs the run as anyone in the country , this would be a far cry from how we ended the season last yr .

re interior defense ND will be able to rotate ( Day , Jones , Tillery , Hayes , Cage @ DT ) ( Schmidt , Grace , Morgan @ MLB ) .

ND might end up in top 20 vs the run in 2015 .

it is impossible to know who are potential 1st rd draft picks down the road when a kid hasn't even played a down of college football yet so I wouldn't get too excited yet about what those analysts were saying about ESB and Tillery until they actually start playing and show us what they can do at this next level. perfect example is a LB that came out of the cincy area that our irish and other big name schools passed on a few years back and all the guy did was to set records for most tackles at boston college and go on to the nfl. can't remember the guys name but he was a tackling machine that every big time school probably wished that they would've offered

Last edited:
I took the point to be these two young men project to have great college careers. Continually, I agree. Our defense against the run should be exceptional, and frankly, I think more like top ten in this regard.

I am pulling big time for Josh Barajas. I watched him grow at Andrean HS in Merrillville, Indiana where he won one state title and played for another. The lad is oozing with humbleness and class. Terrific upbringing. Penn State lost a good one when he switched his commitment to ND. Huge heavy hitter in HS with quicks to burn. I am hoping that will translate to elite college competition.

I took the point to be these two young men project to have great college careers. Continually, I agree. Our defense against the run should be exceptional, and frankly, I think more like top ten in this regard.

Nick Martin says he ( tillery ) is unblockable - Jay Hayes says he is a freak - that sounds pretty high level to me

Not sure where I saw this but some analysts were saying ESB ( WR ) and Tllery are potential 1st rd picks down the road .

The one analyst said ESB might be the closest we have gotten to M Floyd . If Tillery is as good as advertised the defense has to be much better than last yr . With S Day - Jones - Tillery we should have as good an interior defense vs the run as anyone in the country , this would be a far cry from how we ended the season last yr .

re interior defense ND will be able to rotate ( Day , Jones , Tillery , Hayes , Cage @ DT ) ( Schmidt , Grace , Morgan @ MLB ) .

ND might end up in top 20 vs the run in 2015 .
Tillery looked like a Freshman in the BlueGold game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT