ADVERTISEMENT

I thought this team was better than this

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
I thought they could have made a run at the playoffs and some hardware. I thought wrong. 8-4 at best and SC could be an embarrassment. I could see Williams having 6 TD’s again.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Coaching an this horrible OL, which I guess comes back to coaching in many regards.

There were so many plays the past two weeks where a rusher was completely in impeded to the backfield. I can’t believe how terrible the interior OL is, our G C G have been brutally bad. Now even Alt & Fisher look like doo doo.

Reactions: graceh90
I thought they could have made a run at the playoffs and some hardware. I thought wrong. 8-4 at best and SC could be an embarrassment. I could see Williams having 6 TD’s again.
Currently losing 17-7 at home vs Arizona who is playing with backup QB. SC is not invincible

Reactions: BGI User 756
As bad as players were we lost because of coaches. No plan. Pitiful
This is a lazy take. Plenty of blame to go around.

Let’s look at the coaches failings:

1) Parker’s choice to keep running Estime up the middle when it’s obvious the defense crowds the box when he is the single back
Play Love and Price more! Play 2 backs more. Use Estime as a decoy for play action. He is not running that delay trap well!!
2) Parker not allowing Sam to audible out of that look. I saw 9 in the box twice in second half and they just beat us in the gaps and closed from the edges. A nice fake to Estime and then hit Evans on a slant would do wonders. Even a deep post to WR
3) Parker not going back to Faison after his TD. He has some juice. Worth another try
4) Sit TB, he only catches 1/4 now. Play others more
5) finally they replaced Spindler (and Fisher). Spindler has been getting beat every game and it has impacted Fisher. The OL got handled tonite
6) choices or personnel were suspect
7) give credit to Brohm he had them fired up

Now the players:
1) Sam was off from the first snap. 2 of his picks were poor throws. He had several high throws and several missed throws. No excuses either
2) Alt got beat 1-on-1 multiple times .
3) Fisher and Liafau with horrible untimely penalties that moved us back 25 years after a first down at midfield and after we stopped them. Afforded them 2 scores and likely took one away from us.
4) Liafau back to missing multiple tackles
5) Brown got faked out of his jock on the long TD run.
6) Thomas still hurt.
7) entire team except Bertrand lacking energy. Think the announcers were correct that the last 3 weeks wore them down. Plus many had some midterms (know frosh had about 2/3)

It was still a game until final 10 mins . The Liafau penalty was the fulcrum in my view. Big field flip and we have then stopped 3 and out.

1) Parker’s choice to keep running Estime up the middle when it’s obvious the defense crowds the box when he is the single back
Play Love and Price more! Play 2 backs more. Use Estime as a decoy for play action. He is not running that delay trap well!!
2) Parker not allowing Sam to audible out of that look. I saw 9 in the box twice in second half and they just beat us in the gaps and closed from the edges. A nice fake to Estime and then hit Evans on a slant would do wonders. Even a deep post to WR
3) Parker not going back to Faison after his TD. He has some juice. Worth another try
5) finally they replaced Spindler (and Fisher). Spindler has been getting beat every game and it has impacted Fisher. The OL got handled tonite

Now the players:
1) Sam was off from the first snap. 2 of his picks were poor throws. He had several high throws and several missed throws. No excuses either
3) Fisher and Liafau with horrible untimely penalties that moved us back 25 years after a first down at midfield and after we stopped them. Afforded them 2 scores and likely took one away from us.
6) Thomas still hurt.
7) entire team except Bertrand lacking energy. Think the announcers were correct that the last 3 weeks wore them down. Plus many had some midterms (know frosh had about 2/3)

It was still a game until final 10 mins . The Liafau penalty was the fulcrum in my view. Big field flip and we have then stopped 3 and out.
Good analysis. I think the team looked flat in the 3rd week in a row with a tough night game. Louisville had a lot more energy - and a better game plan, by the looks of things.

Now the players:
6) Thomas still hurt.

How do you know that Hartman isn’t allowed to audible ?

Hartman rarely had adequate time.

Agree on the futility of running Estime up the middle

How do you know that Hartman isn’t allowed to audible ?

Hartman rarely had adequate time.

Agree on the futility of running Estime up the middle
Hartman didn't look sharp, but he also didn't have a lot of time. And there were many miscues, including 5 turnovers (3 INT and 2 fumbles). There were a lot of factors involved. It was just an all-around lousy performance.

Would hope some one asks MF or Parker if Hartman can call an audible. On one of the many failed 3rd attempts, Ville had all 11 men within 5 yards of the los. On the replay if there is a play fake TE could still be running right now.
Parker just has no imagination as a play caller.

Would hope some one asks MF or Parker if Hartman can call an audible. On one of the many failed 3rd attempts, Ville had all 11 men within 5 yards of the los. On the replay if there is a play fake TE could still be running right now.
Parker just has no imagination as a play caller.
Hartman can audible !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT