ADVERTISEMENT

How do you feel about people posting under different aliases on Rivals?

Duo

ND Expert
Jul 23, 2006
1. Why in the world would someone do it?

2. How do they do it?

3. Are they mentally imbalanced? How so?

4. If you could change the system what would you do about it?

Feel free to include your favorite quotes, relate stories you've heard and site unusual situations. After all, it is the off season.

We have a ton of them that do on Soundoff. For whatever reason. It is funny to watch from a distance.

We have a ton of them that do on Soundoff. For whatever reason. It is funny to watch from a distance.
I think a certain new Gator poster that "lurked for years" before deciding to start posting 50 times a day and has almost as many likes as posts is located in our good 49th state.

Reactions: IrishBlooded
Other than to say I think 22+ usernames is more than enough and posting under different usernames agreeing with each other in the the same thread should be a lifetime ban for all future usernames ..... no comment. Don't get me started.

There are several of rival posters on the Smack Board that have more than one account. It's just not an annoying Argus thingy.

Equally annoying are the banned posters that have arisen from the cornfield due to the new format.

There are several of rival posters on the Smack Board that have more than one account. It's just not an annoying Argus thingy.

Equally annoying are the banned posters that have arisen from the cornfield due to the new format.

Hi Alice,
Haven't talked with you in a long while. Hope all is well and this finds you looking forward to a stellar season. 2015 looks to be a promising year for ND if the Irish can get by Clemson and Georgia Tech. Here's hoping for an injury free year and a run at the natty. Take care and look forward to reading more of your comments as the season nears. ;)

Whoever Argus is may be the only sane person left.

New Quote from Argus/Holy Smoke, DubsDreader, Big Fella Fan, Irish Fan26, Epiciticus, etc., etc..:

"-My knowledge of Notre Dame is minimal? I and my family have been hopnored at half time, has yours?"

What year? What game? There is no answer to his crock of BS! He really is a John Hinckley, Jr.

468 × 286 - dailymail.co.uk

^^^^^^. See what I mean. Nothing more needs to be said.
True .... just keep in mind it is you that visits this site from the fantasy world of denial and no one else. Everyone else knows the truth. When you keep hearing the truth over and over and over again from dozens of posters (mostly ND) and claim your the only sane one here that is a sure fire indication that you are guilty by insanity.

Calling real ND fans and actual alumni "frauds", "boorish pigs", "liars", "insane" along with dozens of other names on a list too long to type certainly endears you to the masses.

I'm sympathetic to your illness. I still maintain it was a result of the lobotomy and electric shock treatments you have received over the years that has caused your problems. No one wins here except the mental health therapists.

Nothing more needs to be said. o_O

Last edited:
Most posters are just as tired of the same old posters that keep arguing with argus as they are with argus. Are your self esteems so low that you have to constantly attack a crazy person to feel better about yourselves?.

PLUS AH MILLION

Most posters are just as tired of the same old posters that keep arguing with argus as they are with argus. Are your self esteems so low that you have to constantly attack a crazy person to feel better about yourselves?.
It has nothing to do with self esteem. It's simply a misdirected hobby that argus makes too easy to excel at. He's the gift that keeps on giving. It's like communicating with an alien from another world. Or in another way watching a train wreck or a bad accident. You keep saying to yourself "Oh No!" but can't stop watching.

Dissociative identity disorder (DID), previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD),[1] is a mental disorder on the dissociative spectrum characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately control a person's behavior, and is accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness.

The majority of patients with DID report childhood sexual and/or physical abuse. Data supports a high level of psychotic symptoms in DID, and that both individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia and those diagnosed with DID have histories of trauma.

These attacks on people have everything to do with self esteem. It is very clear that No1e and his minions, all of whom seem to be related, have serious issues when it comes to being honest or forthright in most any manner and this mirrors issues with tremendously low self esteem. I have seen many wonder if No1e will hurt himself or others, and it seems clear he may. He need be watched by professionals.

I suppose it starts with his support of those like Bowden and Winston who deserve no support or respect based on their own actions which have made them a stain on society. No1e has also stated that he is just over 5 foot tall, any expert or even anyone dabbling in human psychology or the mentally troubled will point out that a large per centage of little people have self esteem issues and this affliction seems clear as he always backs and supports people who are losers.

Let us simply hope, as I suspect, the disastrous possibilities of his disease are being monitored and he is not left alone with those who may be vulnerable.

I think it is clear that some here should quit picking on poor No1e, he is obviously sick.

Last edited:
Yes it is. A guy like No1e, who bashes most others, is the really sick one. Very ironic, a telling.

Yes it is. A guy like No1e, who bashes most others, is the really sick one. Very ironic, a telling.

Wasn't there a recent post showing this and 2 of your other handles getting tossed off another board?

I'm not sure Argus/Epictitus is the only guilty one on here. I suspect his arch-nemesis has several handles as well...

I hate to break this to you, but I am not now or ever have been associated with Argus. In fact, I have never even seen one of his posts. Just because he also saw through the likes of No1e, cgvr and other haters doesn't make him bad. He sure the hell got under their skin, and for that alone, deserves our respect.

The way they do it is by using different email addresses, names and passwords when setting up new profiles. I would think Rivals has a one profile per IP address but I don't know that for a fact. I know that I would require it if I was the man in charge. .

Sometimes people in a family both want their own accounts, but will have the same IP address coming out of the same house. One example is the case of 2 brothers in high school that follow the same team. Should they share an account? Or only one of them get to use the IP address?

These attacks on people have everything to do with self esteem. It is very clear that No1e and his minions, all of whom seem to be related, have serious issues when it comes to being honest or forthright in most any manner and this mirrors issues with tremendously low self esteem. I have seen many wonder if No1e will hurt himself or others, and it seems clear he may. He need be watched by professionals.

I suppose it starts with his support of those like Bowden and Winston who deserve no support or respect based on their own actions which have made them a stain on society. No1e has also stated that he is just over 5 foot tall, any expert or even anyone dabbling in human psychology or the mentally troubled will point out that a large per centage of little people have self esteem issues and this affliction seems clear as he always backs and supports people who are losers.

Let us simply hope, as I suspect, the disastrous possibilities of his disease are being monitored and he is not left alone with those who may be vulnerable.

I think it is clear that some here should quit picking on poor No1e, he is obviously sick.

LOL!

I think it's safe to assume ....... MELTDOWN COMPLETE.

Too funny.

Count the lies just in your post above. It's mind boggling. Meds aren't working for you. Change therapist. You are dangerous.

I suppose you had ^^^^ to see this coming. I think you are really sick , No1e, this guy has you figured out! Is it called a Napoleon Complex? Have you always had it and that's why you like to cheer for inferior teams and inferior people?

Last edited:
Epictitus talking about Argus: "I hate to break this to you, but I am not now or ever have been associated with Argus."

Sybil is a 1973 book by Flora Rheta Schreiber about the treatment of Sybil Dorsett (a pseudonym for Shirley Ardell Mason) for dissociative identity disorder (then referred to as multiple personality disorder) by her psychoanalyst, Cornelia B. Wilbur.
One of the things the psychoanalyst noted was that Sybil's different personalities were not aware of one another. She would have memory losses and sometimes black out. Could it be that Argusman and all of his other different personalities suffer from the same delusions?

Some of the regulars love the drama and will engage problem posters in a NY minute. You don't need an ignore button or a mod acting like Big Brother to take away the problem. Quit responding and ignore them on your own. Quit engaging and responding. We had a similar discussion about the premium members coming over here. Don't doubt me on this but there are a few regulars who are just as annoying as the so called problem posters. They suffer from the dreaded "smartest guy in the room" syndrome. They know who they are. It's a free message board, not a direct link to the Secretary of Defense.

I hate to break this to you, but I am not now or ever have been associated with Argus. In fact, I have never even seen one of his posts. Just because he also saw through the likes of No1e, cgvr and other haters doesn't make him bad. He sure the hell got under their skin, and for that alone, deserves our respect.
I'm not sure Argus/Epictitus is the only guilty one on here. I suspect his arch-nemesis has several handles as well...
Did you contact board ops? You are a wimp.

Some of the regulars love the drama and will engage problem posters in a NY minute. You don't need an ignore button or a mod acting like Big Brother to take away the problem. Quit responding and ignore them on your own. Quit engaging and responding. We had a similar discussion about the premium members coming over here. Don't doubt me on this but there are a few regulars who are just as annoying as the so called problem posters. They suffer from the dreaded "smartest guy in the room" syndrome. They know who they are. It's a free message board, not a direct link to the Secretary of Defense.
We also have some of the.biggest Notre Dame fanboy dullards posting here.

"Dillon Hall, BBA Finance... Wax invited me to post on the board and is a friend of mine. I'll gladly prove my identity to board ops. I'll also prove that a former room mate of mine is on the BOT among other things..... You may report this post and have them contact me."

Trifecta! Hook, Line, and Sinker.
Exactly what my post eluded to. Multiple usernames with the same mother living in the the same basement agreeing with each other. Only because that's the ONLY way they can get agreement with the lies and nonsense they spew. Pathological to say the least. Mentally ill without question.

You keep saying this but offer nothing to back it up. Complete nonsense again.

Listen, cgvr just sounds a little too much like no1e. Like no1e, he's obsessed with argusman and his aliases and always chimes in to agree with no1e. He also seems very partial towards FSU for a supposed ND alum. He seemed quite happy that Golson had chosen to transfer there. Here are some of his recent quotes about Golson:

"If he stays healthy he will be in the hunt for the Heisman."
"I think Fisher will build an O around him better than kelly did."
"The guy is an extraordinary talent. You guys hit the jackpot. Did you see what Walsh did with Montana? He played to Joe's strengths and built an offense around it. That's a gift Fisher has... Fisher will do the same with Everett. Believe me the FSU playbook is not going to be very difficult for Golson to absorb. He's going to kill it in Tallahassee if he stays healthy."
"Can any of those backs be moved to slot/wr? Getting all that horsepower on the field would be lethal... Holy crap that is a ton of 5 star talent on one side of the ball.... ps I would give Golson 6+* at this stage....."
"PS Did you happen to see that Golson wasn't being tracked by vegas for the Heisman. Once he announced he is now in the top 10. Plus, I believe fsu's NC odds jumped huge and they are now favored ahead of us...."
"So, he was no where for Heisman with Kelly and now he is top 10 go figure..."

Listen, cgvr just sounds a little too much like no1e. Like no1e, he's obsessed with argusman and his aliases and always chimes in to agree with no1e. He also seems very partial towards FSU for a supposed ND alum. He seemed quite happy that Golson had chosen to transfer there. Here are some of his recent quotes about Golson:

"The guy is an extraordinary talent. You guys hit the jackpot. Did you see what Walsh did with Montana? He played to Joe's strengths and built an offense around it. That's a gift Fisher has... Fisher will do the same with Everett. Believe me the FSU playbook is not going to be very difficult for Golson to absorb. He's going to kill it in Tallahassee if he stays healthy."
"Can any of those backs be moved to slot/wr? Getting all that horsepower on the field would be lethal... Holy crap that is a ton of 5 star talent on one side of the ball.... ps I would give Golson 6+* at this stage....."
"PS Did you happen to see that Golson wasn't being tracked by vegas for the Heisman. Once he announced he is now in the top 10. Plus, I believe fsu's NC odds jumped huge and they are now favored ahead of us...."
Every bit accurate... PS 2 of my friends, classmates, 1 was a room mate got their masters at FSU. I have always had great time there. You do see the report post feature no? Are you so challenged that you can't report me to board ops? You are like Kelly a total sissy.

"Dillon Hall, BBA Finance... Wax invited me to post on the board and is a friend of mine. I'll gladly prove my identity to board ops. I'll also prove that a former room mate of mine is on the BOT among other things..... You may report this post and have them contact me."

The only way you could be more wrong is if your username was Epic, Bigfella, dubs or any of the other 20 usernames argusman has used and had banned over the years.

But you are entitled to your opinion. No law against being WRONG that I know of. If there was one Argus would be living out a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

The only way you could be more wrong is if your username was Epic, Bigfella, dubs or any of the other 20 usernames argusman has used and had banned over the years.

But you are entitled to your opinion. No law against being WRONG that I know of. If there was one Argus would be living out a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

It is probably argus' kid coming to daddy's rescue...

Last edited:

You have to look at posting styles. When you do so, you see they are not really alike at all. It's very simple to see they are not the same person. In fact, a few minutes ago they posted at the exact same time. How did they pull that off?

As far as comments about FSU, cgvr has shown that he can be very objective. Something a lot really struggle with. He clearly wants Golson (a fellow ND alumnus) to succeed and recognizes that he is in a good spot to do so.

Wow, some sick people here, it is kind funny, in a rather sick sort of way.

But, where is Argusman?

ADVERTISEMENT