ADVERTISEMENT

HBO, Chris Rock & me

BGI User 348

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Pennsylvania
I am not a baseball fan......really have not followed the Phillies for years now. Therefore I had no idea that there were no black players on the last two World Series teams......or that their participation is way down.......according to HBO.

Congrats to Brian Gumbel for partly attributing it to the lack of black FATHERS teaching their sons the game. That would help in more ways than just baseball.

I am not a baseball fan......really have not followed the Phillies for years now. Therefore I had no idea that there were no black players on the last two World Series teams......or that their participation is way down.......according to HBO.

Congrats to Brian Gumbel for partly attributing it to the lack of black FATHERS teaching their sons the game. That would help in more ways than just baseball.

And how does this relate to ND football?
This shite needs to go to another board.

Are we talking about the last two WS winners, or the last two Phillie WS winning teams? Cause Ryan Howard was on their team in 2008. And I am curious as to what the reasoning behind the lack of white-americans in the NBA is.

Rock is a fool and imagine him bitching about the NBA and lack of white players. NO.

Go Irish.

The lack of a father figure is a huge issue in many parts of the African-American community, but I'm not sure it has much to do with the lack of young African-American players in baseball. There's still a high percentage in football and basketball, so I think it has more to do with less interest in the sport as a whole.

The economics of Baseball limit the opportunities for kids playing in highly urbanized areas. If you look at census maps the are major portions of the African-American community that live in this highly urbanized areas and therefore are shut out.

This issue is further compounded by the way we as a society define sports. Many view Basketball as a black sport and it has subsequently been adopted as such by the African-American community.

Trying to flip it on Rock and ask why he isn't complaining about the lack of white basketball players misses the point. Its not an issue of talent, its an issue of opportunity and emphasis from Rock's perspective.

Chris Rock once said that the Fourth of July is a white holiday. He has a big mouth and expertise in nothing. He needs to have a conclave with that other genius Charles Barkley and figure out why so many Dad's are absent and quit avoiding the topic.

Chris Rock once said that the Fourth of July is a white holiday. He has a big mouth and expertise in nothing. He needs to have a conclave with that other genius Charles Barkley and figure out why so many Dad's are absent and quit avoiding the topic.
That has to truly be one of the dumbest and racist thing to say, if true. 4th of July is about our country and our freedom, it is for everyone black or white. If he sees it any other way then get the hell out of our country!

Reactions: nemeth#5
I watched a concert video of Chris Rock and he said it about the Fourth of July. I heard him say it. He also repeated his message in a tweet a few years ago by calling the Fourth of July "White Peoples Day". Rock has a big mouth, no one ever calls him out, and he makes millions doing it. I respect nothing about this person.

One thing to note is that they don't count black Latinos as black in their statistics. If they did, the number of black players would be a lot higher. For instance, guys like this guy, who hails from the D.R.:

David+Ortiz+Boston+Red+Sox+Photo+Day+SH-efgQmn8cl.jpg

If they French players like Tony Parker and Boris Diaw then we would have more white players in the NBA I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT