ADVERTISEMENT

Has Rutgers / B1G left Notre Dame in the dust?

Aug 12, 2004
Now that the b1g east has taken the top spot as CFB's best division, you have to consider that each of the following points is certainly debatable:

1. rutguhz has a better schedule than ND
2. rutgess is in a better location than ND
3. rutgahs has a better 2016 recruiting class
4. RU has a better game day atmosphere
5. SUNJ-NB when a full b1g member, will bank similar to ND due to spoils of a certain conference affiliation

I think it is a fair statement that ND not joining the Big10 has been a huge mistake for the Irish..
It is time to consider ND's independence, unnatural affiliation with the ACC, and outright desire to remain a national brand a losing strategy.. Look at how the loss of regional rivalries has buried schools in the region (Pitt/WVA/Syracuse/UCONN/Boston College) that used to be competitive. Losing the rivalry games with UM is only going to exacerbate the problem. A 2 game series in 2020 with OSU is not going to stop the slow bleed of national apathy or restrengthen regional ties. Think about this for a second.. Lowly old SUNJ-New Brunswick is playing more relevant games than ND..and potentially beating out ND for an international WR recruit! Think it is time for ND to join the b1g!!! What are your thoughts on ND joining full time the B1G?

Wow your argument is air tight. Good job. You think the B1G would even accept ND? International WR's have been the lifeblood of this program and the thought of losing one is does not sit well with this fan.

Notre Dame's independence is great for us. We only play 5 ACC teams each year and can go out and schedule national top teams like Oklahoma,Texas ,USC,Georgia ,Michigan State,Stanford , ,Ohio State ( in the future) ,possibly LSU ,Tennessee,also teams like Clemson,Florida State ,Miami in the ACC .Meanwhile Rutgers is committed to playing Penn St,Ohio St,Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin ,Nebraska . Great for Rutgers , but I rather have a national schedule .

Wish Rutgers the best of luck .this season is going to be tough for you guys against some of the Big1 teams

My guess is the PLAYERS if polled--football, bball, lacrosse, soccer, baseball--would vote overwhelmingly for the ACC....yes? I agree the big11 is great--amazing--for Rutgers......but the ACC is looking GREAT for ND!!!

Was this even a serious thread? I don't understand the recruiting thing? Pull up the last three years. RU consistently loses top 15 kids I'm NJ. This year is the same. So I guess Canada is their new recruiting grounds? Good luck to to RU I pull for them being from NJ.

If you go down the roster Rutgers is a young and most of Rutgers players are red-shirted Their freshmen and sophomore classes are loaded with red -shirted players, 5 year plan .This is great for them and gives them a chance against the better teams in the Big1 .

However ,Rutgers does lose top flight talent this year and they will be hard to replace . Defensive end D. Hamilton ,a 5-star recruit and a first rounder in the draft ,L. Carroo ,one of the best wide receivers in the country ,probably taken no
later than second round . Also Rutgers has a super red- shirt junior linebacker in Steve Longa who may leave early . They will be hard to replace

Must say though ,Rutgers does a very good job of developing the 2-3 star red -shirts

Now that the b1g east has taken the top spot as CFB's best division, you have to consider that each of the following points is certainly debatable:

5. SUNJ-NB when a full b1g member, will bank similar to ND due to spoils of a certain conference affiliation

I think it is a fair statement that ND not joining the Big10 has been a huge mistake for the Irish..
It is time to consider ND's independence, unnatural affiliation with the ACC, and outright desire to remain a national brand a losing strategy.. Look at how the loss of regional rivalries has buried schools in the region (Pitt/WVA/Syracuse/UCONN/Boston College) that used to be competitive. Losing the rivalry games with UM is only going to exacerbate the problem. A 2 game series in 2020 with OSU is not going to stop the slow bleed of national apathy or restrengthen regional ties. Think about this for a second.. Lowly old SUNJ-New Brunswick is playing more relevant games than ND..and potentially beating out ND for an international WR recruit! Think it is time for ND to join the b1g!!! What are your thoughts on ND joining full time the B1G?

Amazing. Not one true statement in all of this.

As always, I try to look for the good in everything and it needs be said that Rutgers did have a relevant program as we headed into the 1900's.

Rutgers... There was not one statement in that diatribe that had any factual basis.
big 10 east is the best division???? Are you kidding me? They aren't even better than the sec east or the acc coastal.
Oh, I get it this must be a joke post. You got me there for a moment.
Good one.

Rutgers = armpit of America = State College of New Jersey - Enough Said!
hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT