ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh Had a Bad Day

TeddyOH

ND Expert
Feb 3, 2004
Ohio
Bubba's gonna love this one!

Cowherd interviewed Harbaugh today on his radio show. I was on the golf course and didn't hear the interview live, but was listening later when Russillo played back multiple clips on his show making fun of Harbaugh. It sounded like such a trainwreck it forced me to go back and listen to the whole thing.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13180506

I have to say it was one of the most painful, uncomfortable interviews I have ever listened too. Particularly the end when Cowherd basically gave up and hung up on Harbaugh. Take a listen and just laugh.

I have to say, there are so many times when Brian Kelly would be totally justified being a total prick to an ESPn reporter or someone else out to get him. Sometimes I WISH he would. However, he is the epitome of professional when he does press, and he is always so likeable and enthusiastic. A great ambassador for Notre Dame.

Harbaugh is a good coach and I think he'll do great at Michigan. However, he has a HORRIBLE reputation as a difficult piece-of-you-know-what. He needs to do better. The head coach at a major college program has more responsibility than X's and O's. Harbaugh needs to look out a bit. His reputation could put off a few recruits, and he will have less slack when the inevitable program crisis arises.

yeah tons of people are making fun of harbaugh on different boards tonight. he did it to himself by talking like somebody who has never been interviewed before

Harbaugh made him look silly

Yeah, Harbaugh didn't bite on any of those trick questions. I mean what coach in his right mind would actually answer why a top recruit should play at Michigan? Only a crazy guy would answer that.

I also think it was brilliant to point out to Cowherd that he hasn't really changed anything at Michgan. Altered maybe, but not changed.

Pure genius.

Reactions: end_23
Yeah, Harbaugh didn't bite on any of those trick questions. I mean what coach in his right mind would actually answer why a top recruit should play at Michigan? Only a crazy guy would answer that.

I also think it was brilliant to point out to Cowherd that he hasn't really changed anything at Michgan. Altered maybe, but not changed.

Pure genius.
I would be upset as well if my team was coached by 4 wide Kelly.

Let the haters hate. Harbaugh will have the program up and running in short order. I mean, the sports media is ridiculous. They were making fun of the way he dresses for crying out loud. The Harbaugh hire was a no brainer. If he can't do it, then that program is in trouble.

Let the haters hate. Harbaugh will have the program up and running in short order. I mean, the sports media is ridiculous. They were making fun of the way he dresses for crying out loud. The Harbaugh hire was a no brainer. If he can't do it, then that program is in trouble.

There's no doubt that Harbaugh has proven that he is an effective coach, and I'm sure he'll get results at Michigan. But Cowherd's questioning of Harbaugh was really fair. He tried to give Harbaugh a chance.

Took balls posting that video considering Golson bolted ND for FSU and had unkind words out the door.

Thanks.

In Harbaugh's defense he was getting sucked off under his desk by bubbaj while doing the cowturd interview. And yes, bubba downed it all.

Bubba's gonna love this one!

Cowherd interviewed Harbaugh today on his radio show. I was on the golf course and didn't hear the interview live, but was listening later when Russillo played back multiple clips on his show making fun of Harbaugh. It sounded like such a trainwreck it forced me to go back and listen to the whole thing.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13180506

I have to say it was one of the most painful, uncomfortable interviews I have ever listened too. Particularly the end when Cowherd basically gave up and hung up on Harbaugh. Take a listen and just laugh.

I have to say, there are so many times when Brian Kelly would be totally justified being a total prick to an ESPn reporter or someone else out to get him. Sometimes I WISH he would. However, he is the epitome of professional when he does press, and he is always so likeable and enthusiastic. A great ambassador for Notre Dame.

Harbaugh is a good coach and I think he'll do great at Michigan. However, he has a HORRIBLE reputation as a difficult piece-of-you-know-what. He needs to do better. The head coach at a major college program has more responsibility than X's and O's. Harbaugh needs to look out a bit. His reputation could put off a few recruits, and he will have less slack when the inevitable program crisis arises.

Wow. What an embarrassment. He is a pos

Reactions: Bodizephax
Why Harbaugh wouldn't take the opportunity to promote the UM program is beyond me. He's not mentally all there. People are always talking about what a good/great coach he is and to some extent some of it is true. But on the other hand, last year's SF team was a huge disappointment and most of that can be attributed to Harbaugh's leadership. Plus, he was getting OWNED by Pete and the Seahawks.

Another puzzler is how some of their fans are really pumping up/bragging about his recruiting so far. Personally, if I was a UM fan I'd be very disappointed. If you look at the average star rating per recruit on Rivals, Scout, and 247's composite rating, well it's not what I expected when his hiring was announced. The only reason that UM is currently ranked as high as they are in the rankings is due to the number of recruits. Once other schools start filling their 2016 classes, UM will drop significantly. Look for them to finish around 20th or so. And for those that say star/recruiting ratings are over-rated, 247 Sports released a four year average composite rating after this year's playoffs, and the top 3 teams in order over that 4-year period were Alabama, OSU, and Floriida State. Ring a bell ? Those were 3 of the 4 teams in the first College Playoff. The 4th, Oregon, finished 18th.

Eventually, he'll probably self-destruct. Even funnier is that many of their fans that see him as doing no wrong are the same ones who wanted to crucify him for his downgrading of Michigan athletic-academics just a few short years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT