ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta clean up the penalties..

Dec 29, 2005
ND is ranked 114th in penalties, 106th in penalty yards.

That said they are 11th in total defense, 4th in passing D, 3rd in passing D efficiency, 6th in red zone D (Duke is 4!), 50th in rush defense and 15 in scoring D.

The offense is 20th, 3rd in first downs gained, 34th in pass offense and 28th in rush offense, 12th in pass efficiency, 28th in scoring, 9th in sacks allowed, and 19th in turnover margin.

I’ll look at some of our upcoming opponents numbers later and post them.

Agree. Way too many "false start" types of penalties on our OL. During the Duke game, I believe a couple of them were on our center too.

Reactions: BGI User 756

That said they are 11th in total defense, 4th in passing D, 3rd in passing D efficiency, 6th in red zone D (Duke is 4!), 50th in rush defense and 15 in scoring D.

The offense is 20th, 3rd in first downs gained, 34th in pass offense and 28th in rush offense, 12th in pass efficiency, 28th in scoring, 9th in sacks allowed, and 19th in turnover margin.

Thanks

The team certainly needs to exercise more discipline

I was really impressed that there were no false starts in the Navy game. In fact, I don't think the offensive line had a single penalty in that game. It looks now like they hit their peak early.

I was really impressed that there were no false starts in the Navy game. In fact, I don't think the offensive line had a single penalty in that game. It looks now like they hit their peak early.
Crowd was too hungover to make noise vs Navy.

What you gonna do when it's all one sided calling? Granted the Correll mistakes were just dumb. The defense standing over the line was dumb. know your job and do it correctly!!

Reactions: BGI User 756

We don’t clean much up. We don’t clean up penalties from game to game. There’s been no evidence of improving. We had 10 guys on the field on defense vs TSU. That didn’t get cleaned up and cost us the Ohio State game. I’ve seen 0 evidence for improvement in a variety of categories when it comes to coaching. We have great coaches at corner and running back. My suspicion is Gino is doing a nice job too but that is yet to be determined. Outside of that, I’m not sure what they do all day.

Reactions: tbonesays
So I did some looking into the team stats for UL this coming weekend, here’s what they look like so far.

UL to this point has played the 108th ranked SOS out of 133 teams.

Defense:

UL is 37th in total defense, 55th in passing defense, 33rd in rushing defense, 33rd in 3rd down defense, Redzone defense is 5th, 85th in sacks (2.1 pg), 85th in TFL, and defense is giving up 17.2 PG.

Offense:

UL is averaging 37.2 ppg, 75th in 3rd down conversion rate, 16th in PYG (301), 22nd in RYG (198), 8th in yards per completion, 102nd in Interceptions thrown, 16th in pass efficiency rating, and giving up 1.8 sacks PG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT