ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck against Albany

WoadBlue

I've posted how many times?
Aug 15, 2008
My preference is to have a UNC-ND national title match. But we each will have take down 2 tough foes to get there.

Reactions: IrishBlooded
Albany will be a tough game for sure. I hope Kavanaugh is on fire.

Albany has a very good offense but there defense isn't that great. if our irish can get hot on the offensive side then I think we'll win this game. again there defense isn't that great and that'll be the difference on Saturday I believe

Albany has a very good offense but there defense isn't that great. if our irish can get hot on the offensive side then I think we'll win this game. again there defense isn't that great and that'll be the difference on Saturday I believe

Albany can score at will. And that means that if the game becomes a shoot out, Albany could win. If I were Corrigan, my game plan would stress ball control offense and D - stopping everybody but Lyle Thompson and containing him. That should tire him so that in the 4th he is just off a bit.

And make no mistake about it - the media and lacrosse world will be for Thompson and Albany.

Frustrating game to watch so far. The espn announcers are in love with Albany. Time for ND to spoil their party.

i'm not able to watch the game on espnu but from what i'm reading on other boards it seems like the refs are screwing our irish by calling every little ticky tacky penalty on landis when he guards Thompson. I know all of the media is in love with Thompson but I hope the refs aren't trying to show favor by calling a bad game penalty wise just to satify everybody when it comes to thompson

i'm not able to watch the game on espnu but from what i'm reading on other boards it seems like the refs are screwing our irish by calling every little ticky tacky penalty on landis when he guards Thompson. I know all of the media is in love with Thompson but I hope the refs aren't trying to show favor by calling a bad game penalty wise just to satify everybody when it comes to thompson

I don't think the refs are intentionally calling it for Thompson. What I think is that refs, as in basletball, tend to see some guy as a very good player, and from that they easily giuve him the benerfit of the doubt.

Right now, it's 10-9 Irish, Albany ball, early in the 4th.

11-9 Iirsh with 11:11 left.

Just a superb play by #24 - pikcd up ground ball at midfield and took the perfect angle all the way to the goal.

13-9 Irish

It looks like the Irish have finally figured out the Albany D.

LANDIS!!!! Played like a pit bull. Wow! What a performance.

Right Landis was responsible for holding Thompson to one goal on 11 shots, and 6 turnovers (he got 4 assists though). Surely Landis didn't do that alone, but he was the major cog in the defense on Thompson.

Right Landis was responsible for holding Thompson to one goal on 11 shots, and 6 turnovers (he got 4 assists though). Surely Landis didn't do that alone, but he was the major cog in the defense on Thompson.
That was terrific. It was great to get that game end breathing room. What a terrific stretch of scoring! Awesome game.....glad we were tested....

And now … OSU (a team we beat 9-0 during the regular season) is manhandling Denver (one of the teams that beat us early in the season).

Has OSU improved that much since we beat them, or had Denver regressed? Or is it simply due to match ups?

OU 9 - Den 10 at the end of the 3rd. Neither team is unbeatable but both can compete. Would rather see Den next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT