ADVERTISEMENT

---GIANTS BATTLE FOR LEFT GUARD JOB___

NDsince35

I've posted how many times?
Jul 25, 2010
The first day O-Line consisted of STANLEY0NELSON-MARTIN--ELMER-McCLINCHEY

but may have s change before opening day. Coach KELLY said LG is a battle between

QUINN NELSON and ALEX BARS.

MICK MAERTIN gave his view of the two---

QUINN (6-5/325) is a mauler- loves to hit people-loves to BLOCK-moves people off the line--

(sounds like a perfect guy in a running game).

ALEX (6-6/316) is is a very smart player--always in the right place, and it comes naturally---he

understands the game.

NICK also said that he was very impressed with TRISTEN HOGE the EE center----He is a very hard

worker, he wants to do great things here--you can see it in his eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of comments on how good MLB GRACE looks---ready to go all out already.

He is a very smart kid and a big body in the middle---6-3/245. DIACO called him

a WEREWOLF---- maybe he will be this year.

COACH KELLY is ravomg about the recruiting class of 2014 --said "You saw how many

freshmen played last year and now they will be added to (by the red-shirts--) LOOKIN' GOOD

Originally posted by NDsince35:

The first day O-Line consisted of STANLEY0NELSON-MARTIN--ELMER-McCLINCHEY

but may have s change before opening day. Coach KELLY said LG is a battle between

QUINN NELSON and ALEX BARS.

MICK MAERTIN gave his view of the two---

QUINN (6-5/325) is a mauler- loves to hit people-loves to BLOCK-moves people off the line--

(sounds like a perfect guy in a running game).

ALEX (6-6/316) is is a very smart player--always in the right place, and it comes naturally---he

understands the game.

NICK also said that he was very impressed with TRISTEN HOGE the EE center----He is a very hard

worker, he wants to do great things here--you can see it in his eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of comments on how good MLB GRACE looks---ready to go all out already.

He is a very smart kid and a big body in the middle---6-3/245. DIACO called him

a WEREWOLF---- maybe he will be this year.

COACH KELLY is ravomg about the recruiting class of 2014 --said "You saw how many

freshmen played last year and now they will be added to (by the red-shirts--) LOOKIN' GOOD
LG is probably the thing that I'm most interested in this spring. Call me biased as an Olineman but I love when there is a good competition for a starting spot. Especially when its a win win as it is for ND this season. I think that all are more than capable at being the starter and would all do a fine job. For some reason I see Bars winning out this position. Call it a gut feeling I guess but I think the move of Martin back to center to give Bars a shot shows how highly Kelly thinks of Bars.

Nelson and Bars are easily the front runners for it. Could see Bars starting against Texas, and splitting about 50% of the plays in early games with Nelson. To see who gels the best there. Think it will be the GTech game before the line is settled. Kelly almost every year he has been here has made early season course corrections on the O-line to find the group he likes.

Barr looks like a bigger, better version of Lombard; he can be backup to Both T and both G spots; invaluable in that role.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT