ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW: current ND three(3) star commits

perseverare

All Star
May 24, 2010
JMO for those bragging that ND has cornered the market on 3 stars or complaining that ND has 'too many' 3 stars, I see 6-7 of those guys getting significant bumps, from one 1 or more evaluation sites, when the next releases come out.

So for the complainers: "patience"
For the ones who try to use the 3 star is the "best" cause the staff wants him argument: do you want those guys getting bumped to offer a decommit cause they are rated higher than 3 stars then!

Point: you need top players, players that evaluation predicts they will play at a high level!

Remember J. Williams was a 3 star! Not all 3 stars become All Americans!

Not all three stars become All Americans and not all 5 stars become All Americans. I look at the offer list because common sense tells me that the guys that really know how to evaluate talent are the ones that have to make a living off of the players they recruit. Generally speaking the 5 stars have more top offers than 3 stars etc. If I see a kid with offers from the likes of FL, Clemson, MI St., OH St, than I figure those guys making the offers are doing so because they think they have a good player. Spencer Perry is a good size safety. I don't about his speed. But his offer list, although not earth shattering is impressive.

Reactions: Bodizephax
3- stars may move up to 4s . But Alabama,Ohio State, USC(on the rebound),Auburn,Florida State ,Georgia, with their top tier high school talent are always in the hunt for a national title.

Exception TCU,Baylor with their high powered offenses . Oklahoma always seems to disappoint in Big 12 .Oregon, in the PAC12 ,I think will fall back a little with USC and some others improving .

We should have an outstanding 2015. .There is enough talent to compete and beat any of the teams on our schedule .

Izo

yes, those teams mentioned get the 'top of the class' talent. You can expect them in the playoff derby hunt.
(add Clemson)

ND has the talent on offense to equal any, but defensively ND might suffer a bit.
As you said, ND talent is good enough to beat probably 10 teams on the schedule, then factoring in injuries, coaching and luck and the season can go anywhere from 6-11 wins! with IMO 10 as likely as 8.

Nelson - Redfield - Smith 5 stars
Procise - Schmidt - 3 stars

17 other starters are " 4 stars " so ND's avg starter is 4.05

barring injury 11- 1 / 12-0 -- only stat that really counts

last yr same barring injuries

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT