ADVERTISEMENT

Former ND linebacker Shembo agrees to misdemeanor animal cruelty plea, fine

IrishBlooded

All Star
Oct 2, 2009
LINK

ATLANTA Gwinnett County district attorney Danny Porter says former Atlanta Falcons linebacker Prince Shembo has agreed to a misdemeanor plea of cruelty to an animal.

Shembo was arrested on May 29 for killing his girlfriend's dog.

Shembo also agreed to a $1000 fine with the dismissal of the felony charge of cruelty to an animal.

The Falcons released Shembo the same day he turned himself in at the Gwinnett County Detention Center.

Denicia Williams called police on April 19 to report that her ex-boyfriend had killed her dog, police said in a news release. Williams told investigators she had taken her Yorkie, Dior, to Shembo's apartment on April 15.

At some point, she left the 6-foot-2, 254-pound Shembo alone with the dog, and when she found the dog later he was unresponsive.

Williams took the animal to an animal hospital where he died shortly afterward. Shembo told her over the phone the next day that he had kicked the dog, and she ended their relationship, Williams told police.

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said the team learned of the incident at the time of the arrest.

The Falcons had no comment Wednesday.

Shembo, a 2014 fourth-round draft pick from Notre Dame, played in 16 games with three starts as a rookie.

So true. Just point out misdemeanor w/no jail time = minimal consequences if any from Uncle Rodge

Prince is dead to me. What kind of person kicks an eight pound dog to death? This does not change the facts of the Lizzie Seeburg tragedy (God rest her soul) but puts them in a new and more troubling light for me.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I mean prince is so big it could have been only one kick.

Bodi- drove by a dentist here is SA that had a sign out that said "I only hunt cavities, no lions in case you were wondering"

Reactions: Bodizephax
Prince is dead to me. What kind of person kicks an eight pound dog to death? This does not change the facts of the Lizzie Seeburg tragedy (God rest her soul) but puts them in a new and more troubling light for me.
What the........ Why woul........?????
Whatever

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT