ADVERTISEMENT

former bama tide star at combine admits to multiple failed drug tests

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
former bama tide star and possible first round draft pick Tim Williams told media at the combine that not only did he fail multiple drug tests but was caught multiple times with drugs in his car. i'll be interested in hearing what bama officials say about this as this has letting players do whatever they want off the field as long as they are winning on the field written all over it. if this was a player from nd then espn would be all over this and bashing our irish for it. I just hope this doesn't get thrown under the rug and that some reporter has the courage to investigate to see if this happens with other players on the team

Reactions: Kelso86
I'm going to use all 64 years of my life's wisdom and say that all the facts need to be played out....and........I think we need to take a breath and refrain from attacking the Alabama program, the kid involved, or Saban. Bad behavior has taken it's toll on our own football program dating back to the Ara years, and before. Let's see if any of this is credible and let's see how Bama responds.

I'm going to use all 64 years of my life's wisdom and say that all the facts need to be played out....and........I think we need to take a breath and refrain from attacking the Alabama program, the kid involved, or Saban. Bad behavior has taken it's toll on our own football program dating back to the Ara years, and before. Let's see if any of this is credible and let's see how Bama responds.
i'm fine with letting this play out first but it still is alarming to me when a player says he failed multiple drug tests and got caught multiple times with drugs in his car

I think it's pretty credible if the player himself admits it. Let's be real this type of thing happens everywhere.

What was the reason for the player even saying it in the first place? Anybody know? Was he asked about it or was he just "talking" on his twitter account for everyone to admire?

I would assume the same thing will happen as when their first round pick OL (Fluker) came out and said a booster gave him $50K - nothing.

So....was Williams deliberately trying to hurt his draft stock by blurting this out??
What was the context of his admission??

No one in the NFL cares if he admits to smoking pot.... even though it is illegal (in most states).... it is not a big deal. I am sure GM's would rather draft a guy who likes to smoke than one who goes and drinks whiskey after practice.

I assume that nothing will be done, and we will be talking about something else in a week or two. . .

The son of a good friend of mine played big 5 college football and was a starter for 3 years. He said about every kid on the team would apply for Pell Grants (up to $3500) for the following uses: cars, weed and women.

Most athletes from the south bought it for weed, the north or midwest athletes used the
money for beer/liquor instead of weed. My friend defined it as a cultural thing.

This is but one example and not to imply that it is necessarily universal.

Ij68: you should have an easy Spring Game. Only 25 large will be allowed into the stadium and they will take up just one side of the stadium. Early start, early release.Hopefully, great weather for you and the fans. Let us know how the new tunnel is looking. That is going to be very strange seeing it against Temple.

former bama tide star and possible first round draft pick Tim Williams told media at the combine that not only did he fail multiple drug tests but was caught multiple times with drugs in his car. i'll be interested in hearing what bama officials say about this as this has letting players do whatever they want off the field as long as they are winning on the field written all over it. if this was a player from nd then espn would be all over this and bashing our irish for it. I just hope this doesn't get thrown under the rug and that some reporter has the courage to investigate to see if this happens with other players on the team
Saban already punished him severely. Double secret probation, and NO pudding for a week!

Reactions: nemeth#5
Yes, college kids tend to do stupid things, we've seen that on the Irish team. It's how the team responds that shows the character of the team. Bama has a LONG history of not punishing their players. They had two players last season get caught with drugs and weapons in their car. Guess what? No missed games, and no missed practice. That's how they roll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT