ADVERTISEMENT

First Gary Pinkel, now Dabo Swinney...................................

twalsh

All Star
Jan 7, 2008
I am starting to think that there's some people out there that think the Irish are going to be a playoff contender this year. Nobody seemed to be concerned about us being an independent last season.

I am starting to think that there's some people out there that think the Irish are going to be a playoff contender this year. Nobody seemed to be concerned about us being an independent last season.

well ND gets a crack at Dabo! blow his team out and shut his mouth!

The details in the OP are truly amazing......would read again.....especially because of the.context that was explained so well.....

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
in almost every conference SEC ,ACC ,Big 10 there are head coaches who staunchly believe ND must join a conference . But I have yet to hear from Big 12 and PAC 12 coaches or have I missed their opinions .

Don't know what then the future holds for conference expansions . PAC 12 would take Texas and Oklahoma ? But Oklahoma legislature would not want allow it if it didn't also include Oklahoma State. As far as the ACC ,Clemson ,Florida State would jump to the SEC ,but South Carolina ,Florida would object because of recruiting . and I wonder if the Big 10 would go after any some ACC teams .

If some of these scenarios play out down the road, ACC,Big 12,AAC would take big hits .

Where is ND in this mess ? Hopefully. Don't see any of these realignments playing out in the next 2-3 years. just a lot of conjecture on my part

Stay independent .wonder why these coaches are so anti Irish . They are always taking shots at us.They just want ND to be swallowed up in a conference.We have a great history in college football and we changed the game with Rockne .

Between the parade of ACC coaches telling ND how to run its program, giving almost every team a bye week before facing ND, or the substantial increase in penalties called against ND by ACC refs, the conference sure knows how to make a program feel welcome.

Between the parade of ACC coaches telling ND how to run its program, giving almost every team a bye week before facing ND, or the substantial increase in penalties called against ND by ACC refs, the conference sure knows how to make a program feel welcome.

I recall that ND won the men's and women's ACC basketball tournaments last year.

Think ND joining the ACC in football will help the conference or will some ACC teams still look to jump to other conferences ,SEC ,Big 10, if invited ? If that ever happens ,why would ND think of joining when there is uncertainty ,especially when teams like Clemson ,Florida St ,etc would like the SEC.

IZO - It is not economically feasible for any ACC team to leave prior to 2027 and even after that there is a $50 million buyout fee. FSU and Clemson had no issue signing the media rights deal that prevents any ACC team from leaving the conference until 2027. Also the fact that the ACC held Maryland to their full buyout obligation rather then a negotiated buyout should speak quite clearly that the ACC is not losing anyone anytime soon especially since the buyout was raised to over 50 million dollars. Lets stop conspiracy theories about an ACC beak up... the ACC is not going anywhere anytime soon

The Big 12 media rights deal ends in 2025. The Big 12 will either have to extend its deal or will be the conference to get dissolved first. That will be the tipping point because any of those teams will be able to leave if they want... Also with the news breaking that the big 10 had talks with Oklahoma, Iowa State, and Kansas in 2010, along with the Pac 12s interest in Texas. I think the real realignment picture becomes clearer.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...a-state-sought-to-join-big-ten-in-2010-072615

I know there are some posters that prefer the Big 12 or Big 10 to the ACC.... Neither is happening and based on current agreements and media rights deals it is the Big 12 that will feel the hurt first.

Maybe Brian Kelly should tell these coaches that they need to graduate their players at the level ND does and then maybe they can talk ish.

Besides the UNC academic scandal, their last reported GSR was in the high 60s which is nothing to brag about. FSU wasn't much better. In contrast, ND had a GSR of 94 during that same period. That according to the NCAA.

MIRER 03,

I should have done some research on contractual obligations and buy outs . Other than the possibility of some Big 12 teams jumping to the PAC 12 or Big10 , and the ACC and SEC pretty stable in the foreseeable future ,I don't see why ND would join a conference.at this time . Love the national schedule ,playing 2-3 teams from the PAC 12, 1-2 teams from the BiG 12, 2-3 teams from the Big 10, 5 teams in the ACC, and 1 perhaps 2 teams from the SEC and then 1-2 cupcakes .

Repeating myself many times , conference teams are locked into 8 games which leaves little wiggle for scheduling out of conference against other power teams . So they fatten up their records by playing 3-4 games against the non- power conferences and maybe 1 team from a big time program example, an Ohio State playing Virginia Tech etc,

In the ACC ,ND would have to play 8 games ,and then continue to play long time rivals, USC ,,Navy . That would be 10 committed games .Then there is Stanford ,BIG 10 teams llke Purdue,or Michigan State or Northwestern . Which teams would ND
opt out of, in order to be in the ACC ?Also it would be difficult for ND to play 2 games from the non power conferences like most of the big time programs do . If ND was forced into a conference by ACC members,what would we ((ND ) do? National program of playing SEC,Big 12 ,PAC 12 , Big 10 would be gone.

So Pinkel and Swinney ,take care of your own business . Right now ,there is a rhyme and reason for Swarbrick's approach to handling ND 's program

I never take advice by anyone named Dabo.

ADVERTISEMENT