ADVERTISEMENT

FIFA WC USA vs China and now Aus vs Japan

perseverare

All Star
May 24, 2010
anyone watching? did you see the miss with a wide open net! how in heck does she miss that opportunity!

anyone watching? did you see the miss with a wide open net! how in heck does she miss that opportunity!

53 minutes USA up 1 - 0, at 49 minutes in, 0 - 0. US has missed a few shots and seem to kick it backwards too often. But never played soccer so shouldn't comment on strategy., I did not touch the FONT size it just downsizes by itself.????

Last edited:
USA, nice goal by Carli Lloyd, enough for a victory. Germany going to be a monster battle on Tueday from Montreal.
Germany did not play well today and was lucky to advance. Plus they had to play two extra periods. We dominated our game against a weak opponent.

I liked the aggressive style by US. Maybe Abby needs to stay on the bench...
They were winning the 50/50 balls and passing was on target for a change. But it is still frustrating to watch a World Cup team that struggles with settling balls or making one-touch passes.

Really fun game. I had the privilege of sitting behind the bench with 4 of my children. Really enjoying seeing Ottawa--especially draped in the Stars and Stripes. Americans in crazy dress and face paint everywhere. If any one gets a chance to see the games in Vancouver or Montreal, I strongly recommend it. The defense is impregnable. Julie Johnson is a star. Rapinoe will be back. My only gripe is Leroix would have been great in that game with her burst, creativity, and toughness. I thought Germany was unbeatable but France outplayed them.

What's interesting is that domestic violence is a very serious issue. Apparently, the U.S. Soccer brass doesn't think so. While some fans here are throwing bricks at the FSU football program, they look the other way with the women's soccer team. Why is that? I would really like to know.

cause we don't know much about the "other" teams personel and the case Solo is being investigated.
We can't cheer for the other girls? Why even bring this up! Write a letter to the team organizers or your congressman!

Because Solo is a professional athlete. Not a student in my child's school.

Also, and this is very important, rape is much more serious crime than getting into a drunk brawl with your family members. Most of us have done that at some point in our youth. She got in a fight. If anyone is hurt she should make restitution. Nobody is defending her actions. If charges are brought she should stand for them.

That being said, Hope Solo is one heck of a goalie and represents this country very well on the field.

In the case of fsu, that you bring up, there are many defending the actions of the rapist. So, there's a big difference.

Solo is a piece of trash. No manners. Big ego. She almost makes me root against USA. Our other players make up for her. And there's a lot to make up

So, Ray Rice should not have been suspended. It was just a "brawl" with another family member after all. Not as serious as rape charges from what I understand. Everyone does it. Only problem , Solo is not a "youth". Don't make me name names but it's interesting that some Irish fans celebrating the women's soccer team in this very thread has chimed in on the latest FSU QB situation with a completely different outlook. I just find it interesting the hand washing when it comes to Solo and the criticism towards FSU and their latest controversy. Don't get mad at me. I'm just asking the questions and trying to understand the justification.

You then, explain what the difference is between Adrian Peterson, Hope Solo,, the newest FSU assault, and Ray Rice. Make me see the light. I have an open mind.

jack if you cannot see the difference; there are now words to emlighten you; I would talking to a rock.

jack if you cannot see the difference; there are now words to emlighten you; I would talking to a rock.

Then, you don't know either. Stop the crabby Mr Magoo routine and just answer the question. You really don't know why soccer, as many fans do, accept, without punishment, a bully domestic abuser while other sports take this matter much more serious. You don't know the difference between Ray Rice, Hope Solo, and De'Andre Johnson but you were one of the first ones to chime in in regards to FSU. The correct answer to "what is the difference between Solo, Ray Rice, and De'Andre Johnson"? There is no difference. All violent assaults. All on weaker people. Two were domestic assaults. One was punished, one is temporarily punished and the case is pending and one is being glorified as a World Cup star and free to play. Now, feel free to cheer on.

since we know of no Ladies that have fallen into the bad graces of Jack!

Aussies look way too slow to stay in this - and they are getting v tired

You don't know the difference between Ray Rice, Hope Solo, and De'Andre Johnson but you were one of the first ones to chime in in regards to FSU

Ray Rice punched a small defenseless woman in an elevator. They guy is NFL linebacker. DeAndre punched a woman in the face at a bar. His name was removed from the police report.

Hope Solo got into a fight with her nephew. Her nephew is 6-9 and male. There are huge differences in each of these cases and you must be blind to not see it. Also, Solo's case was investigated...

Regardless, this is for the US national team, not a college team. I don't care if they need to take her from San Quentin for a work release. She's the best goalie in the world and she's an American. I would want her on my team. Maybe it is hypocritical, but I see them as entirely different circumstances and completely different cases.

You guys be consistent in your opinion from here on out. What's good for Solo is good for anyone else accused of assault and battery and I would expect any comments about De'Andre Johnson, Ray Rice, or any other batterer to be amended to reflect that. As expected, you left out all the other important details of the Solo arrest and the fact that her sister is not 6'9". And yes, you are a hypocrite and an excuse maker for a domestic batterer. Just because she is an American. You are the same guy who said every family gets in a drunken brawl with each other and it's no big deal. And I'm the one that's blind? From here on out, I will watching your comments on domestic violence issues involving Irish opponents and beyond. It better be consistent with your "wisdom" on Hope Solo. Shame on U.S. Soccer.

Let's be clear. You're the one calling Deandre Johnson a batterer and domestic abuser. In the same way you believe that of Ray Rice, who we saw on video. I wouldn't have done that. Although he does appear to be a felon if we are to believe what the victim states.

As long as someone is help accountable for their actions I don't have a problem. It's when responsibility and justice are being blocked by a corrupt police or court system, then I have a problem. And I read about these things on NY Times or espn.com or NBCsports where there is legitimate concern among the national media about how these things are being handled. Then I have a problem. When Ray Rice cold cocks a small women in an elevator, I view it differently than Hope Solo taking on a guy 6-9 and a woman. I don't know what the circumstances were, she faced them and moved on.

Go Hope Solo and Go USA!

ADVERTISEMENT