ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp 2023 Thread

Bauman loss sucks for him but doesn't hurt. They should put him on a mediacal and use the extra schollie for an older guy.

Gobaira sucks but he was 3rd or 4th string SDE. Lots hurts more for next year. Hopefully he can return 100 percent
You think DL is getting thin?

We are one injury away from concern. The field end is the tightest numbers wise. Putting a lot of pressure on Baptiste to hold down that spot at only 265 lbs.
Jr can move over there if the need arises. Riley can still put a few snaps in. And you have Tyson Ford and Brenan Vernon who has impressed.

I'm not particularly concerned about it

We are one injury away from concern. The field end is the tightest numbers wise. Putting a lot of pressure on Baptiste to hold down that spot at only 265 lbs.
Nana O-M is listed as co-starter there with Jean-Baptiste on most depth charts.

Reactions: mirer03
Jr can move over there if the need arises. Riley can still put a few snaps in. And you have Tyson Ford and Brenan Vernon who has impressed.

I'm not particularly concerned about it
They absolutely do not want to move Riley back. The proposed strength of this line is the depth and rotation in the middle. They do not want to touch that at all. If Nana or Baptiste get hurt we will be depending on a very young guy to play meaningful minutes.

As I said one injury away from being an issue.

They absolutely do not want to move Riley back. The proposed strength of this line is the depth and rotation in the middle. They do not want to touch that at all. If Nana or Baptiste get hurt we will be depending on a very young guy to play meaningful minutes.

You can say that at every position and every team. Not unique

You can say that at every position and every team. Not unique
Yeah, but back to the point, we wouldn't be saying it if not for an season ending injury.

Don't minimize it. He was going to play meaningful minutes which will now likely be absorbed by the two starters until a young guy steps up. If that takes four games thats going to be 4 games of extra reps on two guys at 260. Which can show up in late season conditioning.
I also think that of you look at the presser from freeman he's still dropping hints as to more 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 alignments against pass heavy teams. It's very possible some of this injury is mitigated by swapping the field end out for a safety against passing teams at least on second and third downs... Definitely not a fan of that and hope the young guys get to a point where coaches don't want to take the field end off the field

Burnham ready to step up?

Also- I’m hoping Ford really emerges. He was a big “get” when he committed. Hopefully it’s his time.

Yeah, but back to the point, we wouldn't be saying it if not for an season ending injury.

Don't minimize it. He was going to play meaningful minutes which will now likely be absorbed by the two starters until a young guy steps up. If that takes four games thats going to be 4 games of extra reps on two guys at 260. Which can show up in late season conditioning.
I also think that of you look at the presser from freeman he's still dropping hints as to more 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 alignments against pass heavy teams. It's very possible some of this injury is mitigated by swapping the field end out for a safety against passing teams at least on second and third downs... Definitely not a fan of that and hope the young guys get to a point where coaches don't want to take the field end off the field
He wasnt going to play meaningful minutes. He was 3rd string at best. It was a battle between him and Ford for that spot. I'm not sure if he would have won that spot.

Also with all the sub packages he probably wouldn't even play as a 3rd string guy. They'd probably move Junior over before bring him on

From limited info , 4-2-5 with Harper covering the slot. JD and Marist are the linebackers being backed up by Kiser and Sneed. B Mo at one CB and Cam at the other. Essentially, three CB’s for the most part except the Navy game. McKiney has shown some progress this summer as well as Gray. I like Gray being he already looks the part.

He wasnt going to play meaningful minutes. He was 3rd string at best. It was a battle between him and Ford for that spot. I'm not sure if he would have won that spot.

Also with all the sub packages he probably wouldn't even play as a 3rd string guy. They'd probably move Junior over before bring him on
His injury really hurts next year, i thought and a lot of reports were he was really trending up behind 2 5th year SRs for SDE.

From limited info , 4-2-5 with Harper covering the slot. JD and Marist are the linebackers being backed up by Kiser and Sneed. B Mo at one CB and Cam at the other. Essentially, three CB’s for the most part except the Navy game. McKiney has shown some progress this summer as well as Gray. I like Gray being he already looks the part.
I could actually see a 3-3-5 with Kiser, jd, and sneed as the lbs on a obvious passing downs. Bringing sneed up to be a rusher or letting him play in space. If the big guys can hold up, that's a crazy athletic lineup.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I actually thought Kiser was better than Marist and Betrand
I’m all over the place, but I thought that too. JD racks up tackles, but can that stat be deceiving? Kiser certainly has made some plays, but with all the Sneed hype, I’m shocked he hasn’t passed Kiser.

Blood clots in his genes (his entire family suffers from it in old age and has even lost family members to it). Even on one leg he's coaching every rep hard and so are all his assistants. Im curious if this is the norm or if there's something exceptional going on at Colorado.

From the videos I've seen of other programs (not just ND) I don't see this kind of urgency. Could just be clever editing wo knows. It looks authentic and hype AF and I can see 17 year old star prospects wanting to be apart of it all.

Their culture is hype. They practice with swagger. They got NFL legends (current and old) walking through their campus since Deion has arrived, offering words of advice, coaching, etc. The coaches are on top of them HARD barking at them every play, every rep, and the players are motivated to soak up the coaching.

Coach Prime has some really good motivational speeches that gets everybody pumped up and ready to dominate. And say what you will about his personality but coach prime has everybody around him convinced that they are going to win and they are all falling in line with his message. It has become must see TV.
He had multiple surgeries on his ankle during his playing career. He only has one artery feeding blood to that foot left. Apparently part was already amputated and likely the rest will have to be at some point.

Having said that. He's garbage as a coach, but is a hype man supreme. Maybe it works maybe it doesn't, but I find it unlikely he coaches after his som leaves school. His entire coaching career is basically to get his son noticed.

Been following Coach Prime/Colorado off-season and his practices look intense AF. I'm wondering if NDs practices have this kind of energy...there seems to be something special going on in Boulder

This hasn't aged well. Coach Prime is 1-6 since that 3-0 start vs bottom feeders. Please spare they only won 1 game last year crap. They could only go up after hitting rock bottom.

This hasn't aged well. Coach Prime is 1-6 since that 3-0 start vs bottom feeders. Please spare they only won 1 game last year crap. They could only go up after hitting rock bottom.
Beats being 1-11.

He's good for CFB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT