ADVERTISEMENT

"Falcons linebacker Prince Shembo charged with killing dog"

I just don't understand. No other words really.

"Details of the warrant say the dog had a fractured rib, fractured liver, abdominal hemorrhage, thoracic hemorrhage, extensive bruising/hemorrhage in muscles in front leg and shoulders, head trauma, hemorrhage and edema in lungs, hemorrhage between the esophagus and trachea and hemorrhage in the left eye with internal injuries."
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...9/shembo-charged-cruelty-to-animals/28166511/

Having worked with our local Humane Society and initiated and still run a fundraising program called "Cause For Paws" which helps and treats abused animals this is beyond unbelievable. This is flat out criminal and to kill an animal which likely had no way of protecting itself in this fashion is pathetic. If guilty I hope they throw the book at him.

I'm sure one of our ND Defense Ministers will rationalize the behavior. Can't wait to hear the spin.

Reactions: ohio1980
Having worked with our local Humane Society and initiated and still run a fundraising program called "Cause For Paws" which helps and treats abused animals this is beyond unbelievable. This is flat out criminal and to kill an animal which likely had no way of protecting itself in this fashion is pathetic. If guilty I hope they throw the book at him.

I'm sure one of our ND Defense Ministers will rationalize the behavior. Can't wait to hear the spin.

It's only unbelievable because you have worked with Cause for Paws?

Sadly noles fail to realize no one wants to see a woman raped or an animal killed. Whether the perp is a Falcon or a criminole. It doesn't matter what school the perp attended.

There's nobody rationalizing rape or cruelty to animals. If guilty, Shembo should be prosecuted and punished.

Go Irish!

Reactions: IrishBlooded
Go Irish![/QUOTE]
If the Falcons are smart, they just release him now. Wow, what a man!
Agreed. He already admitted it and I don't think there is a list of suspects...

Why do some posters insist on sharing their ignorance with others?

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving no doubt as to this poster's stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't understand. No other words really.

Animal Cruelty is defined as: “causes death or unjustifiable physical pain or suffering to any animal by an act, an omission, or willful neglect. Willful neglect means the intentional withholding of food and water required by an animal to prevent starvation or dehydration.” This is a misdemeanor with a fine up to $1000 and/or imprisonment for up to 1 year. A second or subsequent conviction carries of fine of up to $5000 and imprisonment for up to 1 year. A second or subsequent conviction which resulted in the death of an animal will be a misdemeanor of “a high and aggravated nature” with imprisonment for a minimum 3 months, maximum 12 months and/or a fine up to $10,000.

Aggravated Cruelty is defined as: “knowingly and maliciously causes death or physical harm to an animal by rendering a part of such animal’s body useless or by seriously disfiguring such animal.” This carries imprisonment of minimum 1 year, maximum 5 years, and/ or a fine up to $15,000. Exemptions are made for agricultural, animal husbandry, butchering, food processing, marketing, scientific, research, medical, zoological, exhibition, competitive, hunting, trapping, fishing, wildlife management, or pest control practices or the authorized practice of veterinary medicine.

Georgia http://www.ganet.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/pub/ocode/ocgsearch?number=16-12-4 Georgia Code Ann. 16-12-4 et seq.

Last edited:
CGVR- He hasn't been charged with the aggravated cruelty yet I don't believe. I just saw a charge of animal cruelty.

IF he did such a thing he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Unlike others who No1e have defended, and lied for, no one should avert justice by not investigating, no one should lie and hide evidence, all those involved should cooperate with police, even if the police are also corrupt and the authorities are trying to hide the truth.

It is amazing to me that No1e spouts his credentials for protecting dogs, but fails to acknowledge that the guy he defended has two women who have said he attacked them, yet No1e defends them.

It is kind of funny how that works when you lack basic moral integrity like No1e!

CGVR- He hasn't been charged with the aggravated cruelty yet I don't believe. I just saw a charge of animal cruelty.
Thanks Sal. I don't know how the laws are enforced. To me it looks like "aggravated cruelty" could be in play. I have no idea how they prosecute a first offense in these situations.

The second came forward when the first was called a liar stating that she too was violated! How many more never came forward and how many are afraid as he lurks in Tampa?

IF he did such a thing he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Unlike others who No1e have defended, and lied for, no one should avert justice by not investigating, no one should lie and hide evidence, all those involved should cooperate with police, even if the police are also corrupt and the authorities are trying to hide the truth.

It is amazing to me that No1e spouts his credentials for protecting dogs, but fails to acknowledge that the guy he defended has two women who have said he attacked them, yet No1e defends them.

It is kind of funny how that works when you lack basic moral integrity like No1e!

I am quite certain there is a pet cemetery in your yard. Your fsu obsession is truly bizarre. Again, why is your opinion on Bowden more valid than Holtz' or Dungy's?

Epic-
When the Second came forward she categorically denied being raped/attacked. She said she felt uncomfortable with how everything went down between them. Glad we could flip this thread into something not embarrassing to ND though

CGVR-
He would need to be charged with the more serious crime. If he was charged with aggravated cruelty there is an argument that it would include the lesser offense of animal cruelty would be included. I think he is looking at probation if he doesn't get charged with the aggravated crime unless there is a prosecutor in Georgia real gung ho to get him

Epic-
When the Second came forward she categorically denied being raped/attacked. She said she felt uncomfortable with how everything went down between them. Glad we could flip this thread into something not embarrassing to ND though

CGVR-
He would need to be charged with the more serious crime. If he was charged with aggravated cruelty there is an argument that it would include the lesser offense of animal cruelty would be included. I think he is looking at probation if he doesn't get charged with the aggravated crime unless there is a prosecutor in Georgia real gung ho to get him

Thank you. I wonder if any first timers in this situation have done time? (I am assuming this is a first time offense.)
It is such a high profile situation..... Crazy.... PS. I bet if he knew there was a potential jail sentence he wouldn't have done it...

This gives new meaning to the incident at ND that he was never charged
Wow.

Reactions: rc79
Epic-

CGVR-
Don't confuse argus with the FACTS. They don't support his made up version of what happened with Winston. But whatever floats his boat. At least he can keep the mental health therapists employed.

Shembo is a complete monster. A disgrace to Notre Dame. I've kept my mouth shut even when I was a junior during the whole Lizzy Seeberg situation though I have strong opinions about that and now this. God doesn't like ugly. I hope Shembo rots in hell.

Reactions: rc79
This gives new meaning to the incident at ND that he was never charged
Wow.
You mean the one where Shembo refused to cooperate and made no comments about the case (as per instructions by Kelly to say nothing as long as he played for ND)? At least according to Shembo when questioned at the combine about the incident.

I think we get a real account of the character that was questioned at the time.

The second came forward when the first was called a liar stating that she too was violated! How many more never came forward and how many are afraid as he lurks in Tampa?
Too bad Shembo didn't kick the living crap out of you Argus! I would pay to see that!

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
You mean the one where Shembo refused to cooperate and made no comments about the case (as per instructions by Kelly to say nothing as long as he played for ND)? At least according to Shembo when questioned at the combine about the incident.

I think we get a real account of the character that was questioned at the time.

He cooperated with the police. He was told to stay away from the media

.http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...g-case-elizabeth-lizzy-seeberg-seeberg-family

.......and yes, he needs some serious help.

Reactions: john0gaunt
Once again, no1e simply lied in a failed attempt to attack Notre Dame.

Shembo may well be a pig, but it is extremely well documented that both he and Notre Dame cooperated with all authorities in the Seeburg incident, unlike FSU and the rapist when Winston raped the girl.

Once again, no1e simply lied in a failed attempt to attack Notre Dame.

Shembo may well be a pig, but it is extremely well documented that both he and Notre Dame cooperated with all authorities in the Seeburg incident, unlike FSU and the rapist when Winston raped the girl.
Your ignorance and lack of ND history is only exceeded by your dishonesty and blatant hypocrisy.

I didn't attack ND. I simply stated the facts in response to your insane attacks on Winston showing how your world is nothing short of hypocritical. You took the bait hook, line and sinker. You never disappoint.

You talk about and criticize Winston for keeping quiet at the advice of his attorney, parents and coaches yet Shembo did the exact same thing. You criticize and attack FSU for a faulty investigation yet ND made FSU's investigation look totally thorough. So weak was ND's investigation that the US Department of Education launched an investigation into ND's handling of sexual assault cases that resulted in ND changing their policies twice in a two year period.

The Seeberg family has never experienced closure as a result of ND's stonewalling the investigation and the Seeberg family. Just ask them.

"According to multiple reports, Shembo says he stayed silent about the case under orders from Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly. Notre Dame has refused to discuss the Seeberg case publicly or how it handled her complaint. The university did not respond to the Tribune's message Saturday evening."

"The Tribune reported in November 2010 that campus authorities did not initially tell county police about Seeberg's report of a sexual attack, nor did campus police refer the case to the county's special victims unit, which was established to handle sex offenses, according to county officials. Notre Dame police didn't contact Shembo until five days after she died, according to the Seeberg family."

"In the wake of Seeberg's death, the U.S. Department of Education launched an investigation in Notre Dame's handling of sexual assault cases. As part of an agreement between the school and the Department of Education, Notre Dame pledged to make wide-ranging reforms in its handling of such cases."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...g-case-elizabeth-lizzy-seeberg-seeberg-family

This is the same POS that you stated was an upstanding young man, great representative of ND and that you would have no problem with your daughter hanging out with.

Nice try!

Last edited:
I've seen and watched friends eat at Dog Restaurants in Viet Nam and China - its amazing how different cultures approach subjects like this. I have a 4 month old puppy who rocks and won't end up on a menu or the other side of somebody's foot.

Shembo and Notre Dame fully cooperated with the investigation, they did not talk to the media. FSU and Winston refused to cooperate with the investigation, hiding behind their lawyer and you lied, once again, by misstating the facts. The entire difference between Shemo and Winston is that one, Winston's, was rape and the other, Shembo's, was never even close to rape outside pf liar like No1e who attack all things Notre Dame.

Let's think about this, Shembo is a POS for kicking a dog, but on your words, a rapist like Winston, is a "fine representative of FSU and someone to be proud of."

What a hypocrite!

I've seen and watched friends eat at Dog Restaurants in Viet Nam and China - its amazing how different cultures approach subjects like this. I have a 4 month old puppy who rocks and won't end up on a menu or the other side of somebody's foot.
Soooo, what exactly is the point here? Seriously, are you trying to soften what he did by saying other cultures eat dogs? As if that justifies beating a dog to death? Lame.

Soooo, what exactly is the point here? Seriously, are you trying to soften what he did by saying other cultures eat dogs? As if that justifies beating a dog to death? Lame.
Only Lame thing here is your pathetic emotional self.

Where does it say I defended the guy. The point was what I experienced in other cultures. Travel much - guess not!

Where does it say I defended the guy. The point was what I experienced in other cultures. Travel much - guess not!
I travel plenty but you don't have to travel to know theyve eaten dogs in Vietnam. If your point was experiencing other cultures it was a complete non-sequitur to the OPs point. Keep trying, I'll wait for another one of those snappy come backs.

I didn't interpret 1596 as trying to soften anything. He was just making a statement.

As far as Shembo, what he did sounds awful. It's an unfortunate incident and he may do jail time for this.

Where does it say I defended the guy. The point was what I experienced in other cultures. Travel much

Those poor monkeys have it the worst....

ADVERTISEMENT