ADVERTISEMENT

Faison

Agree, Tyree has legit elite speed. He just has no foot work or first move. Even that return, he ran directly into the first guy. I think he shocked him into letting go. ;)

You can just see what a nightmare he will be in space after a catch.

I love both players, especially Chris Tyree. I would say to those who might not have the same belief in Chris - just watch the tape. Jordan, if you watch the return by Price against USC and the punt return by Tyree, Jordan was right there alongside both. Jordan is scary now, but just wait, as he continues to grow with the reps given to him. These next three games, both will have expanded roles in the offense and special teams. Go Irish!!

Reactions: BGI User 756
Could not agree more. He just really reminded me of Tate on that punt return. It was refreshing to watch.

To me, this is the tyree we’ve been waiting for. Big plays in the special teams & catching balls in mismatches. He just hadn’t lived up to the hype early on, imo. He’s a great character kid & the light is finally turning on. Maybe it was too much to expect too early but I’m glad he’s persevered and is finally breaking out.

He definitely found his spot at slot. He is one that definitely would benefit from another year and could just keep growing.

I like them both, Fiason just has that something we have been missing out there.

Going to be fun to watch over the next 3 years. Not sure on returning players, but wouldn’t be surprised if he’s starting next year. Looks special

Agree, Tyree has legit elite speed. He just has no foot work or first move. Even that return, he ran directly into the first guy. I think he shocked him into letting go. ;)

You can just see what a nightmare he will be in space after a catch.
This approach was how Rocket ran. Straight at the first hole, and if it starts to close... momentum may get you through. After that, some moves to evade the 2nd and 3rd wave.... then all speed.

Chris Tyree has great speed. But he doesn’t have Rocket speed. The Rocket would blow his ass up.

No one has or had Rocket speed with the exception of a man name Bolt.

Reactions: Chitown11
Chris Tyree has great speed. But he doesn’t have Rocket speed. The Rocket would blow his ass up.

No one has or had Rocket speed with the exception of a man name Bolt.
Well that last comment is not even close to true.

But yes, Rocket was faster than Tyree

Usain Bolt did not have football speed. He was routinely beat out of the blocks. But he would run by people at the 50 mark.

Rocket was a stud from day one. Tyree is just now starting to make plays that we all expected him to make throughout his career. Great analysis/comparing rocket hitting the hole quickly as opposed to tyree. He’s a great character kid & i’m glad the light may have turned on, wish we saw this his whole career but props for persevering. I still laugh at Carlos Huerta trying to run down rocket in ‘90. 😂😂

Usain Bolt did not have football speed. He was routinely beat out of the blocks. But he would run by people at the 50 mark.
Beat out of the block by the best Olynpic sprinters in the world.

Not by football guys.

I
No shit. But his other comment was absurdly wrong
I didn’t mean Rocket was faster than Bolt. Not at all. Sorry for the confusion on my part. But Rocket was the fastest player I have ever seen in college football. Rumor had it the rocket once ran a sub 4.2 40 yard’s while at ND track team.

I would agree. I don't know if I have every seen anyone as fast as Rocket on a FF. The way he would just leave people. Fuller was close......I feel.....but Rocket just had one extra gear.

I would agree. I don't know if I have every seen anyone as fast as Rocket on a FF. The way he would just leave people. Fuller was close......I feel.....but Rocket just had one extra gear.
I assume you are talking about at ND only?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT