ADVERTISEMENT

Exams and a bye week.

THUNDERSTRUCK111

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 21, 2012
I feel the Louisville lack of emotion and focus was a direct result of exam week.
The game is over what’s done is done.
Moving forward do you guys think we should really try to schedule a bye week for exam week or do y’all think it’s not that big of a deal ? At very least schedule a team like Rice etc. ?
Thoughts?

I feel the Louisville lack of emotion and focus was a direct result of exam week.
Moving forward do you guys think we should really try to schedule a bye week for exam week or do y’all think it’s not that big of a deal ? At very least schedule a team like Rice etc. ?
Thoughts?
BALONEY, or BOLOGNA, no matter how you slice it Louisville outplayed ND in every phase of the game.

Is ND the only team that has exams during the season ?

That’s a weak excuse !

BALONEY, or BOLOGNA, no matter how you slice it Louisville outplayed ND in every phase of the game.

Is ND the only team that has exams during the season ?

That’s a weak excuse !
No excuses my friend. We got our butts kicked on all phases. No doubt about that.
Zero. Excuses.

We were so flat and mentally spent that night it was shocking

Just curious if any else thinks the exam week had an effect on the team.
Obviously you do not. Thanks for your opinion.

Reactions: BGI User 756
No excuses my friend. We got our butts kicked on all phases. No doubt about that.
Zero. Excuses.

Are we the only team that has exams during the season. ?

Do those teams use “exams” as an excuse when they lose a game ……. badly ?

Zero. Excuses.

Yes, we notoriously play bad during exam week; it's happened many a year. Because, think about it, our kids actually go to school, with real classes and everything

Thoughts?
Garbage.

Thoughts?
Yes absolutely. Or schedule our weakest opponent that week

So our exams are as just as easy as a school like Louisville?
Relatively speaking, from the player’s perspective…… yes.

”Exams” are relatively uniform. By that I mean that their duration is just about the same and the amount of time necessary to prepare for them is about the same.

The degree of difficulty is almost irrelevant

My Chemistry and Physics exams were more difficult than my History, English and Law exams, but the time to prepare for each was about the same and largely dependent upon how much I absorbed during class and in reading the text.

Stop making bogus excuses !

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Did not say we lost because of exam week. I only pointed out lack of focus.
You don’t have a clue as to whether or not they lost focus

And if they did, you don’t have a clue as to what caused it.

STOP making excuses, Louisville outplayed us in every phase.

You don’t have a clue as to whether or not they lost focus

And if they did, you don’t have a clue as to what caused it.

STOP making excuses, Louisville outplayed us in every phase.
It’s pretty obvious they lost focus

And that is the point of the discussion what may have caused it.
You have stated your opinion. Move on.
Or add some substance to the discussion instead of large font nonsense.

Reactions: Chitown11
Regardless of all these posts... one should take EVERY opportunity for success! That stretch was tough.. a break would have been good! Excuse or no excuse....

I’m on the side that thinks ND should either place their bye or play a cream puff on Exam Week.

If you go back you’ll find plenty of poorly played games on exam week, in fact BK talked about ad nauseum when he was running the show.

Secondly, I do think it’s garbage that media has so much power to flex game times for college institutions. ND played terrible against UL, there were some factors though. It was the third straight night contest against a ranked opponent, two straight on the road. You couple that with beat up players, lots of travel and exams, seems unlikely they’d get through unscathed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT