ADVERTISEMENT

End of Half Strategy

FightingIrish44

ND Expert
May 7, 2009
I’m more conservative than most fans fyi, but kneeling was wrong IMO.

26 seconds left and 2 timeouts remaining. ND has a 6th year QB with good accuracy. ND has a kicker with a cannon. Didn’t Freeman say he wouldn’t play not to lose? I thought I heard that on the broadcast.

You probably just need to get to the OSU 40 to have a shot and maybe the OSU 45. That’s 35 yards to the 40.

Even a screen (somewhat risky, I know) or a inside run. Run something just to see what happens. As long as you don’t turn it over, by the time you run three plays and punt, OSU will only be able to kneel if they get a play at all.

With two timeouts, and the clock stopping on first downs, you just need 3 10-15 yard type plays. Or maybe you pick up 25 just on one play even.

Winning 21-0…go to half. Down 3-0 in a shortened game…try to steal 3 points. It could have been the difference.

Didn’t we fair catch the kick off before kneeling down to end the half? Like wth? You might as well try to return it if you’re just gonna kneel on it later!

I’m more conservative than most fans fyi, but kneeling was wrong IMO.

26 seconds left and 2 timeouts remaining. ND has a 6th year QB with good accuracy. ND has a kicker with a cannon. Didn’t Freeman say he wouldn’t play not to lose? I thought I heard that on the broadcast.

You probably just need to get to the OSU 40 to have a shot and maybe the OSU 45. That’s 35 yards to the 40.

Even a screen (somewhat risky, I know) or a inside run. Run something just to see what happens. As long as you don’t turn it over, by the time you run three plays and punt, OSU will only be able to kneel if they get a play at all.

With two timeouts, and the clock stopping on first downs, you just need 3 10-15 yard type plays. Or maybe you pick up 25 just on one play even.

Winning 21-0…go to half. Down 3-0 in a shortened game…try to steal 3 points. It could have been the difference.
100% I was questioning that myself

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT