ADVERTISEMENT

Defense 24

Pennick4

I've posted how many times?
Feb 3, 2013
Who is not eligible to come back next year?
I expect Golden to move on and maybe Mickens as our DC.

Wow... that's it? Thanks
Yes. But many guys could leave for the draft or decide to try the draft

Hart
Watts
Cross
Mills
Liufau
Bertrand
Kiser
Botelho

All have decisions to make. We will lose a bunch of those guys from that list

Hart
Watts
Cross
Mills
Liufau
Bertrand
Kiser
Botelho

Marist stays. Dating Citron
Mills, cross, Wards and Botelho may stay.
Bertrand may go. If he does, Kizer stays
Hart gone

That's some wishful think but hope you are right. Although Id rather see Kizer leave
Yeah. Crap shoot but the guys listed are not going to get high draft grades so they may stay. Kind of like Blake fisher and nana. Would benefit n help if they stay a year. But who knows?

Yeah. Crap shoot but the guys listed are not going to get high draft grades so they may stay. Kind of like Blake fisher and nana. Would benefit n help if they stay a year. But who knows?
It's time for Nana to go. The kids will be ready and they need the reps

Reactions: theskibro
Harper and Lewis were horrible this game. Harper was constantly leaving guys 7-10 ' of space and Lewis totally muffed an easy interception. No way some of those WF guys shoulda got so much free space to work. Doesn't matter that they only scored 7 and no wr tds. It's lack of focus and many still lunging at tackling instead of wrapping players. They still need a lot of improvement .Liaufau was trapped on several run plays by trying to go at interior of O and trapping himself.

Last edited:
Alexander and Lewis were horrible this game. Alexander was constantly leaving guys 7-10 ' of space and Lewis totally muffed an easy interception. No way some of those WF guys shoulda got so much free space to work. Doesn't matter that they only scored 7 and no wr tds. It's lack of focus and many still lunging at tackling instead of wrapping players. They still need a lot of improvement .Liaufau was trapped on several run plays by trying to go at interior of O and trapping himself.
Who is Alexander

Alexander and Lewis were horrible this game. Alexander was constantly leaving guys 7-10 ' of space and Lewis totally muffed an easy interception. No way some of those WF guys shoulda got so much free space to work. Doesn't matter that they only scored 7 and no wr tds. It's lack of focus and many still lunging at tackling instead of wrapping players. They still need a lot of improvement .Liaufau was trapped on several run plays by trying to go at interior of O and trapping himself.
Those plays where you see Liufau..I’m fairly certain he is deliberately taking on the interior of the OL to force the ball carrier to go outside.

Hart
Watts
Cross
Mills
Liufau
Bertrand
Kiser
Botelho

Holy shit. That’s a lot of names and lot of production. If we get 4 or 5 back, especially Cross, Hart, Watts, and Mills….I’d be thrilled.

I see Hart leaving. He’s played damn well, and he’s a certain NFL pick, maybe night 2.

I think that Cross and Mills should return. 1 more off season to get bigger and stronger. Play your way into the 2 or 3 round.

Watts……im not sure. He had an awesome year, and will get drafted. Would he want to come back and play his way into maybe rounds 2 or 3?

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the LBs. Will Sneed, Bowen, and Ausbeery emerge?

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Why Golden leave? Do you think he’d get an NFL DC job?
Just a lot of speculation...nothing concrete. His family is still in Cincinnati. Don't think he loves the recruiting game.
Could get another shot to be a college head coach position. Hope he stays as the DC here.

Reactions: IrishMike409

Hart
Watts
Cross
Mills
Liufau
Bertrand
Kiser
Botelho

Hart
Watts
Cross
Mills
Liufau
Bertrand
Kiser
Botelho

I believe Cross and Hart for sure. Watts has already said he would be back other than JD the linebackers are not going to get drafted. Botelho definitely needs to come back. Mills is at a crossroad. I would say ND loses three

Holy shit. That’s a lot of names and lot of production. If we get 4 or 5 back, especially Cross, Hart, Watts, and Mills….I’d be thrilled.

I see Hart leaving. He’s played damn well, and he’s a certain NFL pick, maybe night 2.

I think that Cross and Mills should return. 1 more off season to get bigger and stronger. Play your way into the 2 or 3 round.

Watts……im not sure. He had an awesome year, and will get drafted. Would he want to come back and play his way into maybe rounds 2 or 3?

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the LBs. Will Sneed, Bowen, and Ausbeery emerge?
Yeah...lots of decisions. Don't think Cross can get any bigger or stronger with his body type. Think Mills can definitely get better if he stays.
We could really use Watts back at safety position.

I believe Cross and Hart for sure. Watts has already said he would be back other than JD the linebackers are not going to get drafted. Botelho definitely needs to come back. Mills is at a crossroad. I would say ND loses three
Cross has clearly had a great year, but he’s a bit undersized. Wouldn’t 1 more off-season and 1 more year at ND maybe position him to be a 2nd round pick?

Where did you see Watts say that?

I saw it on a pod cast. His family came to a decision, but that was before he went off. One full year at safety was not enough.

Just a lot of speculation...nothing concrete. His family is still in Cincinnati. Don't think he loves the recruiting game.
Could get another shot to be a college head coach position. Hope he stays as the DC here.
Rumor has it your boy BVG will be back soon

Cross could probably replicate his 23 season. But how will that affect the guys waiting patiently behind him for a starting job? Can Watts get THAT many ITs next year? Maybe ,maybe not. Sometimes they gotta strike while the irons hot. ND has Rubio,Keanannea,Ford,Traorle,Onye and others waiting for their chance. Plus they might take a D Line guy in portal if a great one presents himself. Cross needs to come back. Might need a safety in portal. No more Nickels though. I think Harper or Carter wasn't very good at all. Mickey is faster. CB- Bell,Gray,Morrison,Mickey. I see Barnes and possibly Lewis leaving.Safety is an issue. Maybe some portal guys[2] for that position. Henderson,B.Johnson,Schuler,freshmen and Watts isn't very deep if injuries occur.DE will have to see how it shakes out. Man J.P.B. was a great pickup this year. I look for Botelho to move on. Not sure Tuilahamaka is good at DE. Think he'd be better at Mike. Seemed too slow on outside run plays to catch rbs.
Anyway/that's my input right or wrong. Interested in your thoughts. I wonder if Talish can be next year's Faison on D.

Hart
Watts
Cross
Mills
Liufau
Bertrand
Kiser
Botelho

I hope all of the linebackers leave. New blood is needed and more speed.

I would be surprised and happy if Cross stayed.

He's undersized for the NFL----always going to be undersized-----adding a little weight isn't going to change that.

He has his degree and he has a parent who has contacts in the League and knows the deal . He'll give him the best advice.

I think Lewis goes somewhere as a Grad Transfer----he'll have 10 offers 24 hours after he hits the portal.

Bertrand IMO will be a FA signee if he goes----ditto Marist . Kiser should stay----I doubt he gets drafted.

Watts to me is difficult to speculate on. He could get drafted in the 4th or 5th Rd or come back and be a high pick.

The idea of Fisher and Mills leaving to enter the Draft IMO is a big mistake.

Will they get drafted ? Probably

But are they ready ? I don't see it.

In a year they will be drafted much higher and be a ton more ready physically to play in the NFL IMO.

I would be surprised and happy if Cross stayed.

He's undersized for the NFL----always going to be undersized-----adding a little weight isn't going to change that.

He has his degree and he has a parent who has contacts in the League and knows the deal . He'll give him the best advice.

I think Lewis goes somewhere as a Grad Transfer----he'll have 10 offers 24 hours after he hits the portal.

Bertrand IMO will be a FA signee if he goes----ditto Marist . Kiser should stay----I doubt he gets drafted.

Watts to me is difficult to speculate on. He could get drafted in the 4th or 5th Rd or come back and be a high pick.

The idea of Fisher and Mills leaving to enter the Draft IMO is a big mistake.

Will they get drafted ? Probably

But are they ready ? I don't see it.

In a year they will be drafted much higher and be a ton more ready physically to play in the NFL IMO.
Lewis didn't run out for sr day I read. Could be wrong? But if that is true that means he is coming back

Cross could probably replicate his 23 season. But how will that affect the guys waiting patiently behind him for a starting job? Can Watts get THAT many ITs next year? Maybe ,maybe not. Sometimes they gotta strike while the irons hot. ND has Rubio,Keanannea,Ford,Traorle,Onye and others waiting for their chance. Plus they might take a D Line guy in portal if a great one presents himself. Cross needs to come back. Might need a safety in portal. No more Nickels though. I think Harper or Carter wasn't very good at all. Mickey is faster. CB- Bell,Gray,Morrison,Mickey. I see Barnes and possibly Lewis leaving.Safety is an issue. Maybe some portal guys[2] for that position. Henderson,B.Johnson,Schuler,freshmen and Watts isn't very deep if injuries occur.DE will have to see how it shakes out. Man J.P.B. was a great pickup this year. I look for Botelho to move on. Not sure Tuilahamaka is good at DE. Think he'd be better at Mike. Seemed too slow on outside run plays to catch rbs.
Anyway/that's my input right or wrong. Interested in your thoughts. I wonder if Talish can be next year's Faison on D.
Harper was good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT