ADVERTISEMENT

College QBs

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
In college football these days the new fresh QB seems to do better than the seasoned veterans.
From Johnny Football to Jameis Winston to Cardale Jones all the championship level football is played by fresh inexperienced quarterbacks. Brian Kelly is 18 and 1 with a brand hew QB---

The reasons---- 1-- Qbs get much higher level training since they were junior high to highschool--they are eager to go and ready to play as soon as they get on the field.
2. The college coaches these days are smarter, higher paid and in a hurry to win .
3. After a taste of winning and a year or so under their belt many top level college QBs get stressed and burned out.
Good signs-- Coach Brian Kelly is 18 and 1 with a new qb at the helm at ND.
Golson was in the burnout stage at quarterbacking after winning 4 straight highschool championships and a national championship game in which he played very well against Alabama.
*** Malik Zaire is going to have a MONSTER season this year !! Three years of college weightlifting and conditioning and studying the playbook and watching film and dominating a perennial SEC power in LSU !
The hell with experience in college football!! Give me the newbie anytime !!
Malik is hungry !!! Malik aint going to lose this year !!

Reactions: Ara64
In college football these days the new fresh QB seems to do better than the seasoned veterans.
From Johnny Football to Jameis Winston to Cardale Jones all the championship level football is played by fresh inexperienced quarterbacks. Brian Kelly is 18 and 1 with a brand hew QB---

The reasons---- 1-- Qbs get much higher level training since they were junior high to highschool--they are eager to go and ready to play as soon as they get on the field.
2. The college coaches these days are smarter, higher paid and in a hurry to win .
3. After a taste of winning and a year or so under their belt many top level college QBs get stressed and burned out.
Good signs-- Coach Brian Kelly is 18 and 1 with a new qb at the helm at ND.
Golson was in the burnout stage at quarterbacking after winning 4 straight highschool championships and a national championship game in which he played very well against Alabama.
*** Malik Zaire is going to have a MONSTER season this year !! Three years of college weightlifting and conditioning and studying the playbook and watching film and dominating a perennial SEC power in LSU !
The hell with experience in college football!! Give me the newbie anytime !!
Malik is hungry !!! Malik aint going to lose this year !!

'You are an idiot.

Bodi is correct. At least on his observations regarding cgvr, the man is a liar.

Keep up the optimism and don't pay attention to liars.

cgvr, I may be an idiot but at least I am not a liar like you are. No way did you graduate or even attend Notre Dame. You have no class and are a deviant who always puts down Notre Dame.

All the qbs you mentioned were 2 years into their respective programs..... Your siss boom bah routine is a blight to ND's commitment to excellence. Yeah, let's keep pumping sunshine rather than dealing with reality. Let's ignore our poor on field performance, academic scandals, horrible record of arrests, priest molestations and other sordid behavior while thumbing our noses at other schools.
One of my Alma Mater's problems is fans like you who don't know what the hell they are talking.about.... I will give you credit for admitting you are an idiot. That explains your posting record.

Last edited:
Bodi...............

I agree and disagree with some of your points:

"From Johnny Football to Jameis Winston to Cardale Jones all the championship level football is played by fresh inexperienced quarterbacks. Brian Kelly is 18 and 1 with a brand hew QB---

3. After a taste of winning and a year or so under their belt many top level college QBs get stressed and burned out."

Opinions on your points:

1. Agree. There is no doubt that highly rated QB's arrive at college better trained than ever before. Many of them have had specialized training from private "guru/tutors".

2. Agree to some extent. College coaches are higher paid and in a hurry to win. Some are smarter and some more or less, are trend followers. The real winners in CFB are the innovators that are always in a state of evolution and not afraid to try new things. Those coaches do a better job of keeping ahead of defensive coordinators. (a few examples: Myer, Saban, Holtz while at ND, Bowden in his hey day, Fisher, Chip Kelly).

3. Mostly Disagree. A few top college QB's may get stressed and burn out but I don't think it's many or anywhere near a majority. A lot of that depends on their coaches and the team around them. (Another reason to watch and see how Golson does assuming he is "burned out" according to your definition.) But, even if Golson does not do well at FSU I still disagree with you
that "many college QB's burn out after winning".

I don't consider your post idiotic, rather just your form of rationalizing about what happened to Golson. Anyway, it's your opinion and that's fine with me.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT