ADVERTISEMENT

CFP rankings

DieHard_Irish

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 27, 2010
So we lose to #1 OSU on the last play of the game, play 4 ranked teams in a row, lose to another 1 loss ranked team, and yet LSU, with 2 losses is ranked ahead of us. And some people still don't think there is a SEC bias. Please! Moral of the story is, play a bullshit schedule, roll up wins and get ranked high. It's such a joke

Last edited:
So we lose to #1 OSU on the last play of the game, play 4 ranked teams in a row, lose to another 1 loss ranked team, and yet LSU, with 2 losses is ranked ahead of us. And some people still don't think there is a SEC bias. Please! Moral of the story is, play a bulkshit schedule, roll up wins and get ranked high. It's such a joke
Should have beaten OSU......problem solved.

Reactions: Kelso86
We lose to #1 on the last play of the game and lsu gets waxed by fsu, both teams have two losses and they’re ranked ahead of us? Lol. What a joke.
You can see the collision course a bowl matchup with LSU means, right? Ratings bonanza.

Reactions: tbonesays
I'm actually not arguing for ND, I'm pointing out the SEC bias, and just how ridiculous the rankings are

LSU did lose to 2 teams ranked above Louisville. Grant you that LSU gave up many points in both losses. Some aspect of difference of opinion, but certainly an arguable point reagrding LSU vs. ND.

Reactions: NDSMC78
I don't see Notre Dame playing LSU. LSU is going to get beat again Alabama which puts them at 3 loses and out of a New Year Six bowl. Teams I can see us playing Penn State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Michigan maybe Alabama.

LSU did lose to 2 teams ranked above Louisville. Grant you that LSU gave up many points in both losses. Some aspect of difference of opinion, but certainly an arguable point reagrding LSU vs. ND.
LSU has a very good offense, but their D's been awful at times. Ole Miss had 700 yds and 55 points on them.

But if we just keep winning out, we should have no problem making a NY6 bowl.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
LSU has a very good offense, but their D's been awful at times. Ole Miss had 700 yds and 55 points on them.

But if we just keep winning out, we should have no problem making a NY6 bowl.
Notre Dame needs to be top 10 in the playoff Poll to make the NY6. Decent chance that 10-2 will make an NY6; however, to say that it will be "no problem..." is a stretch.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Talked about this a few times on the board, there is no reward for a tough schedule at all. Look at Penn State. The only team they played at ALL, OSU, if not for a garbage TD thats a 20-7 loss.

OSU, no issue. FSU, no issue. Wash, no Issue. Even LSU has played 3, top 25 so I dont really have an issue. But UGA, PSU, OK. OK should have lost to UCF before Kansas. How can you past a look test and escape UCF? ND blew the doors off a power 5, and OK passes a look test?

Its all just about record and pre-season ranking. The previous committee seemed a bit more realistic.
The common each year, regardless of all the bull crapola, the record wins. Just ask Cinci.

Everyone on the committee is biased. That won't change. That's why they should get rid of it.
The BCS system was much better.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
I don't see Notre Dame playing LSU. LSU is going to get beat again Alabama which puts them at 3 loses and out of a New Year Six bowl. Teams I can see us playing Penn State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Michigan maybe Alabama.

Alabama would be a good game. It also looks like Air Force will make a NY6 bowl.

Notre Dame needs to be top 10 in the playoff Poll to make the NY6. Decent chance that 10-2 will make an NY6; however, to say that it will be "no problem..." is a stretch.
Most of the teams ahead of us still have tough games left. Missouri and Ole Miss both play Georgia as well as other tough games, LSU plays Alabama, Penn State plays Michigan, etc. So I think our chances of moving up 5 spots if we go 10-2 are very good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT