ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Driskell

NewHampshireIrish

Shakes Down The Thunder
Jan 9, 2014
I listened to him on the ISD Podcast and really like what he brings to the table. Anybody else familiar with his work? Definitely a welcome addition to B+G.

I was a longtime member of ISD. Bryan is very knowledgeable and great at doing evaluations. His analysis of games, practices, players and coaches is great.

He was very, VERY active on the members board answering questions, posting thoughts and engaging with members.

If there is one area that Bryan needs to work on... he can be a bit thin-skinned when people don't agree with his view. He's very respectful but he has a difficult time accepting differing opinions.

A great guy and a very good pick up for Rivals.

Reactions: ZVZ
I agree with Java's assessment.
He will be a positive addition to the site. I personally will miss him on ISD, but am very loyal to Mike.

I am not sure he sees it as argumentative as he is pretty accepting of other's thoughts, but that is how it can come across. He is very quick to rebut what is percieved as questioning his knowledge (which is likely far more extensive than 99% of those that are doing the questioning). It is more the wording of the response than being thin skinned. You know, a PC retort is better received.

gipper.. I really like Mike. I was with him for years when he was with Scout and moved to ISD when he left Scout. My issue was with too many members there. If you were at all critical of Kelly you were subject to unending abuse. Mike and the mods did their best to stop it but I just decided it wasn't worth it to pay each month for that.

Have been with him since 04'.
I am a pro Kelly guy. But get some of what you are saying.
Funny thing is I found some of the anti-Kelly crowd more boorish. I won't name names, but I would bet you can guess who I am speaking of.
The upside I have found to the site, is being non-affilated to certain parent sites, you don't get a lot of the opponent smack. I ignore a lot of the other BS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT