ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Hamilton looking for big improvement from 2015 Irish

Anyone who understands the game will expect this team to compete for the National Championship. It will be fun.

We all agree that running the ball is key in a productive offense for 2015. And I agree that with Mr Fuller running wild in everyone's Secondary, it will be hard to fight the temptation of focusing on him more than need be. If Pete Carroll has taught play callers anything since early February , it is to play to your strength and don't try to outsmart yourself.

Nice 78! 2012 all over again....but WITH experienced QB's......& one that can run.

I have the same feeling about this year. We are loaded and if we can't get some surprise improvements on defense this could be the first true juggernaut team at ND since 1993.

Defense wins championships. This defense has a lot to prove. That could be a good thing.

I agree the offense is loaded, but i worry about whether EG is the leader this team needs. His career at ND has been decidedly inconsistent. Managed 2012 with flashes of brilliance (Oklahoma), followed by the staggering absence in 2013. Struggled with consistency when his team needed him to carry them in 2014. How does he respond to that adversity? He would seem possibly primed for greatness, but his body language continues to suggest uncertainty.

If ND does not employ the run this year and take advantage of its massive line I will be surprised. ND can revisit the glory days of Lou, et al, and say "you may know what I am going to do but just try to stop me."

If ND does not employ the run this year and take advantage of its massive line I will be surprised. ND can revisit the glory days of Lou, et al, and say "you may know what I am going to do but just try to stop QUOTE]
me."[/

"you may know what I am going to do but just try to stop QUOTE]
me."[/

That is exactly what Coach Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech said all last year and will be saying again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT