ADVERTISEMENT

Best Guess at the 2016 Recruiting Class

Andover1

Go Irish
Feb 23, 2015
I know it's early and a lot is going to change with recruiting, but what's your best guess at how things will turn out?

I think attrition gets this class into the 20-22 signee range by February

RB - Tony Jones
APB - Damien Alloway
WR - Javon McKinley
WR - Kyle Stepherson
OT - Liam Eichenberg
OT - Tommy Kreamer
OT - Miro Jokavich
OL - Parker Bordeaux
DT - Carlo Kemp
DE - Adetokunbo Ogundeji
DE - Jamir Jones
DE - Julian Okwara
LB - Dealin Hayes (We flip him)
LB - Chase Claypool
CB - Carlos Becker
CB - Eric Cuffee
DB - Julian Love
DB - Jordan Elliott
S - Devin Studstill
S - Ikenna Okeke
ATH - Spencer Perry (SS or LB)
LS - Kyle Shannon

I think we pass on a QB this year, and lock up 2017 Hunter Johnson this summer.
Same with TE, adding top 2017 TE's Brock Wright and Cole Kmet before the season starts.

I think we try to add a lot of athleticism, range, and options at the skill positions, even if they're not high ranked to ready players (for the most part)

The only part of this class I wouldn't like REALLY like is the defensive line (decent potential, but projects with risk)

I would be really happy with this class, it would have a lot of upside for us

Last edited:
Yep, never expected to be 100% (or even close to it), but Fox especially was just in there because I wanted to have 3 DEs in this class and couldn't find another reasonable prospect to list

I'm sure the baord will change quite a bit before February, just wanted to see what the thoughts here we're currently

To be fair though, I had Stepherson before he committed and Okeke is also looking like a strong possibility, as is Studstill

Doesn't matter the number, there are plenty of 2* & 3* people available. We're going to have the best 3* class in our history. So far, so good.

Updating to reflect post-camp (Irish Invansion) changes:

Added:
OT -- Miro Jokavich (2015 Ohio State signee, ineligible, may attend Holy Cross for a semster and enroll as a 2016 EE)
S/LB -- Spencer Perry (Flipped from Florida after visiting for Irish Invasion)
DE -- Jamir Jones (Brother of Jarron Jones, camped fro Irish Invasion, was offered and committed shortly there after)
DE -- Adetokunbo Ogundeji (Recently offered, seems likely to commit soon)

Removed:
TE -- Cary Angeline (committed to USC, appeared to be an ND/PSU battle, good pickup for USC)
DE -- Xavier Kelly (always a long shot, released a Top8 without ND)
DE -- Tomon Fox (committed to UNC at their camp after visiting for Irish Invasion. Was really just a name/body at DE, where ND is already digging for "Plan B" options)
OT -- Stewart Reese (ND seems to have cooled on Reese, though he could still be an option later, after more spots shake out)

Moved Positions:
ATH to WR -- Kevin Stepherson (will likely play WR at ND, not DB)
ATH to DB -- Jordan Elliott (being recruited as a CB/FS prospect, not a WR or QB)
WR to LB -- Chase Claypool (Notre Dame likes Claypool better on defense. He could end up anywhere, but LB seems thinner in this class than WR)

ADVERTISEMENT