ADVERTISEMENT

Avery Sebastian just committed

matty17

I've posted how many times?
Jan 30, 2007
Boom! Great Pickup at a position of need.

Avery Sebastian @JimThqrpe4 [/I]Follow

I have officially committed to the University of Notre Dame! Extremely blessed & excited to be apart of the Notre Dame family! GO IRISH
1f64f.png

8:34 PM - 12 Feb 2015

This post was edited on 2/12 8:56 PM by matty17

How is this a great pick-up? He's an injury waiting to happen and has barely played in college. Congrats to him for having an opportunity to play at the most storied program of all-time, but let's temper the enthusiasm.
This post was edited on 2/12 10:43 PM by TurnoverMachine

Surprised too that Hardy wasn't pursued harder, maybe he had a bad taste in his mouth after the academic deal.. Adds depth, not quite a Cody Riggs addition- Farley has to be moved back to S in my opinion, if he is, doubt this kid will see much PT.

Look at his tape. He hits like a truck. He is a prototype strong safety. He will either start or give us great depth at a position that some were screaming about just last week.

Nice pickup, but we still don't have a free-safety outside of Redfield. We have a ton of box safety candidates in Shumate, Barrati, Tranquil, Farley and now Sebastien. Fingers crossed that Max stays healthy and improves... I'm all for moving Devin Butler to FS if he can get over the top in coverage... I really miss Harison Smith, David Bruton and even Chinedum Ndukwe (remember when he de-cleated Calvin Johnson).

Russell, Luke, Watkins and Crawford will hold it down at corner, time to see what Butler can do as FS.

IIO,
Do you really think Barrati will be back - talk about an injury waiting to happen.

IIO, nice to have you around. This is not the first time I have heard someone suggest Butler to FS. Is it a tough switch from CB to FS? Something he can pick up in spring and fall.

Also, do you see any of our incoming recruits that maybe played another position in HS being able to play FS.

Boy, that Brian Kelly sure doesn't know what he's doing!

You miss out on the safety targets for the 2015 class, and all along
you probably knew that Sebastian would be coming. Why couldn't
you just let us all know your plans so we wouldn't think the sky was
falling?

Do you even know what you're doing?

Sebastian is a band aid. BK would have traded him for the top safety guys he was going after in a heartbeat.

He's more like a body cast. We need two big time safeties next year. I believe we lose Shumate after this year, and then Redfield has only 1 year of eligibility left.

If you get the chance to watch the '77 ND southern cal game pay close attention to the hitting.

His tape shows that style. I hope it's infectious.

PS I think Jaylon Smith is going to take it to another level.....

The guy is a monster.

Any other fifth years (another safety and a rush end) want to play for a national championship (and get a biz degree form the best in the country?)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT