ADVERTISEMENT

Ade Ogundeji

SALittleGiant513

I've posted how many times?
Nov 24, 2012
3* DE prospect from Michigan will commit on Thursday evening. ND here unless he surprises everyone.

There is not a lot of information out there on him. Must really have something to have a committable offer with how few scholarships ND likely has left.

with all the big time 4 and 5 star kids that are still wanting to visit I wonder when the coaching starts taking the hold off for now approach with the lower rated kids with them only having a limited amount of schollies left to give out

Seen as already very good and having a lot of upside, and plays what is arguably our greatest position of need right now. Staff will take him in a heartbeat, and hope we get his commitment this Thursday.

Sal,
Seems like you and I are taking turns getting to the board first to share information. Adetokunbo seems big to be big on ND. I would be surprised if he doesnt choose the Irish on Thursday. ND quickly moved to his top group after the staff offered him and he seems to have build a close relationship with Gillmore. At 6'5 220 he has the length that ND is looking for at DE. Some time with Longo will help get some meat on his bones. He has the frame to add weight and strength. As a comparison when Justin Tuck got to ND he was 6'5 215.

Yippee. Another 3 star. We are restocking, not reloading. In 3-4 years, all of these 3 stars will lead us to a glorious 5-7 season while Kelly is off somewhere else laughing his ass off.

Reactions: end_23
To CoolIrish 9 ,

We are only on very few 4-5 star high school lists . With a little luck and a great football season ,we may be able to land 3, 4, 5 4-5 star players ..We are not recruiting that well for 2016 ..I agree with most .In no way or manner ,can we be a perennial power stocking up with mostly 3 and a few 4 star players.

All the powers will continue to be powers .No let up in their recruiting.

Yippee. Another 3 star. We are restocking, not reloading. In 3-4 years, all of these 3 stars will lead us to a glorious 5-7 season while Kelly is off somewhere else laughing his ass off.
Yippee, another Chicken Little with nothing to bring to the table, other than complaints.
Do you feel the same way about Claypool (seen as a top 5 WR at the opening), or Boudreaux ( another 3 star) or Tony Jones (another 3 star).

Let me guess, you are Adonis, and the women are lined up for you. 50 bucks says you have a 3 inch johnson, receding hairline and a beer belly. But, someone loves you.

Go cheer for Rutgers, then you won't have anything to bitch about.

Yippee, another Chicken Little with nothing to bring to the table, other than complaints.
Do you feel the same way about Claypool (seen as a top 5 WR at the opening), or Boudreaux ( another 3 star) or Tony Jones (another 3 star).

Let me guess, you are Adonis, and the women are lined up for you. 50 bucks says you have a 3 inch johnson, receding hairline and a beer belly. But, someone loves you.

Another Chicken Little? Isn't Lucky Green an alias for chaseball?

Seen as already very good and having a lot of upside, and plays what is arguably our greatest position of need right now. Staff will take him in a heartbeat, and hope we get his commitment this Thursday.

Tex - it seems that there is a cross section on this board who see 3 stars as stiffs -- free flowing negativity .

Jeff S - 3 star
Tyler Eifert 3 star
Darius Walker 3 star
Corey Robinson 3 star
Trumbetti , Blankenship - Cage - all 3 stars
when ND starts adding a few 2 stars to the mix then the internet tough guys can circle the wagons .

BTW --check out Bama's recruiting list-- multiple 3 star kids

People seem to forget that rankings are coming out earlier and earlier every year. There will be 3 more reran kings of this class by Rivals!! These are far from the final rankings

When you have multiple prospects who not only have offers from Ohio state, alabama, Oregon, etc. but we're priority recruits for those schools... It doesn't matter of they're 3*'s 18 months before arriving at college.

Wait and see the final rankings. And even then, look at some of these kinds offer lists

Eichenberg - will likely end as a Top100 4* (possibly a 5*). Offers from Ohio State, Alabama, Florida State, Michigan, Tenessee, Michigan State, Miami, Penn State, Wisconsin, etc.

Boudreaux - will likely end as a Top250 4*, maybe Top100. Had the highest SPARQ score at The Opening for an OL in the last 3 years. Offers from Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Miami, Florida, Georgia, Michigan State, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee, etc.

Stepherson - will likely end as a Top250 4*. Was the MVP of 2 different Rivals events this summer, plus both Rivals and 247 had him as the MVP of Irish Invasion. Offers from LSU, Michigan, Miami, Florida, Louisville, Michigan State, etc.

Chase Claypool - Rivals staff has already confirmed he's slated for a MAJOR bump into the 4* rankings at the end of summer. He was a too performer at several camps this summer. Will end at least as a 4* Top250 maybe Top100. Offers from Oregon, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami, etc.

Love - Solids shot at ending as a 4*. Not a guarantee, but he light up the camp circuit this summer. Was a top performer on both offense and defense for the IMG 7v7 camp...which was loaded with 5* and Top100 players.

Not to mention guys who may well end up as 3* because of questions about pieces of their game or the positions they play in high school, but still have BIG TIME offers (and are really good prospects, who are hard to land):

Perry - Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Michigan State, Auburn, Clemson, Pitt, etc.

Elliott - Auburn, Georgia, Miami, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech

These are quality players. There is a reason we have 6 different "3* Players" committed who have an offer from at least one of Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, or Oregon (and some have several of those offers)

Not all 3*s are equal, and jumping to conclusions based only on star ranking...ESPECIALLY THIS EARLY IN THE CYCLE...is a big mistake.

Based on current star ranking some people would be "meh" if/when we land Devin Studstill, but that would be a MASSIVE mistake

Let things play out and try to look a little deeper than just the current/early Rivals star ranking (or any star ranking at any point, for that matter)

Kelly must be expecting a bad upcoming season. Or he knows he's going to the nfl in 2016. Never seen a more underwhelming class at ND since 2004.

This isn't a MAC school, coach.

Idiots like you are fun to laugh at. You'll be the first one crying when ND is getting pounded in a couple years. This recruiting class is an embarrassment even for a B-level program that ND is right now.

"Let me guess, you are Adonis, and the women are lined up for you. 50 bucks says you have a 3 inch johnson, receding hairline and a beer belly. But, someone loves you."

You do realize that you just described Brian Kelly, right?

Idiots like you are fun to laugh at. You'll be the first one crying when ND is getting pounded in a couple years. This recruiting class is an embarrassment even for a B-level program that ND is right now.

"Let me guess, you are Adonis, and the women are lined up for you. 50 bucks says you have a 3 inch johnson, receding hairline and a beer belly. But, someone loves you."

You're wrong about the class. Most of the "3* players" we have now we're highly coveted by several of the top programs and coaches in CFB...and many if them won't end as 3*'s

Eichenberg, Bourdeaux, Stepherson, Elliott, and Claypool are all VERY HIGH LEVEL prospects

Perry, Love, and Okwara a solid prospects with very good upside

Jones and Ade are major projects, who will take years to develop and have real bust potential, but do have major upside

Just to get a little ahead of the future whining:

Top Level prospects who are currently very high on ND - Studstill, McKinley, Calloway,

Very good prospects who are very high on ND - Alloway, Cuffee, Booker, Vaughn, Stovall, Hansford, Kemp

Just to round it out a few more "just 3* prospects" according to Rivals (currently) that I REALLY WISH we had landed this cycle:

Troy Warner (Oregon)
Austin Andrews (Michigan State)
Kenny Lyke (Michigan State)
Mike Panassuik (Michigan State)
Chris Evans (Michigan)
Tristan Wallace (Ohio State)
Troy Dye (Oregon)
Will Pine (Pitt)

You're wrong about the class. Most of the "3* players" we have now we're highly coveted by several of the top programs and coaches in CFB...and many if them won't end as 3*'s

Eichenberg, Bourdeaux, Stepherson, Elliott, and Claypool are all VERY HIGH LEVEL prospects

Perry, Love, and Okwara a solid prospects with very good upside

Jones and Ade are major projects, who will take years to develop and have real bust potential, but do have major upside

Just to get a little ahead of the future whining:

Top Level prospects who are currently very high on ND - Studstill, McKinley, Calloway,

Very good prospects who are very high on ND - Alloway, Cuffee, Booker, Vaughn, Stovall, Hansford, Kemp

Just to round it out a few more "just 3* prospects" according to Rivals (currently) that I REALLY WISH we had landed this cycle:

Troy Warner (Oregon)
Austin Andrews (Michigan State)
Kenny Lyke (Michigan State)
Mike Panassuik (Michigan State)
Chris Evans (Michigan)
Tristan Wallace (Ohio State)
Troy Dye (Oregon)
Will Pine (Pitt)

The hand wringing over this class, so far, is very misplaced imo

Reactions: Bodizephax
23 is the biggest fool on the posting boards. Even worse than Lucky Green!

Yep, Kelly is terrible, ND is a B list program, ND's recruiting stinks.

Funny, becuase based on the offer lists of some of the current "low level" recruits ND has gotten committments from Meyer, Saban, Fisher, Harbaugh as well as LSU, Oregon and MSU have offered. Also Georgia, Auburn, Florida.

I am guessing that these coaches know a little more about talent than 23. But, he will laugh about Hunter Johnson if and when he picks ND. Kelly went after the wrong guy for his offense. Hunter made a huge mistake. ND isn't a fit for his style of play. He will end up pulling a Barnett and bail late in the process.

Look at his 60 posts. There is a track record.

Wouldn't shock me if people went down that very foolish line of thinking with Hunter Johnson if/when we land him, simply because this years offense will rely more heavily on the read option run from the QB

Everyone will forget about previous BD offenses under Kelly (Rees/Golson) and will ignore or be ignorant to the fact that even though he's listed as a "Pro-Style QB" by Rivals because of his supreme pocket passing tools, he ran a triple-option offense for 1 of his 2 high school seasons so far and actually won all of the QB races at Irish Invasion

Johnson would fit into one of Kelly offenses perfectly

Reactions: LH24ND
The usual suspects with their rose colored glasses. Continual would lick Kelly's balls if given the chance. Pathetic. Northwestern...enough said.

Well Continual...he has no excuses now. If we go 8-5 again this year, how will you defend him? One lucky year does not make a great coach.

I agree that the Northwestern and Louisville losses were bad ones. Even with the injuries.
But, at the end of the day, Brian Kelly is in the top 10% of Division 1 college coaches.

There are only a mere handful I would consider over Kelly. There are a few I think may be better game day coaches or others that recruit better. That doesn't mean I want them at ND.

Based on Kelly's annual 8-5 record and haul of 3 star recruits, I basically am rooting for Rutgers....only in ND uniforms.

Decker, I've seen bits and pieces of the info you compiled, but never so succinctly in one place. Personally, very high on this class thus far. As Continually states, many 3* success stories here and elsewhere, but still prefer more consensus 4*s when all is said and done, and that will prove to be the case with this class. Hope we are welcoming Ogundeji on Thursday.

Reactions: LH24ND
The usual suspects with their rose colored glasses. Continual would lick Kelly's balls if given the chance. Pathetic. Northwestern...enough said.

Not sure if you're counting me in as a "usual suspect" or not, considering I rarely post here and you haven't commented at all on what I posted (invalidating your complaints about the current state of the 2016 class)

As you your "Northwestern. Enough Said" comment, does that also mean....
Miles (LSU) -- Arkansas. Enough Said.
Stoops (Oklahoma) -- Okie State. Enough Said.
Mahlzahn (Auburn) -- Texas A&M. Enough Said.
Sark (USC) -- Boston College. Enough Said.
etc.
etc.

It seems like you're ready to write off every single coach not names Saban or Meyer

Decker, I've seen bits and pieces of the info you compiled, but never so succinctly in one place. Personally, very high on this class thus far. As Continually states, many 3* success stories here and elsewhere, but still prefer more consensus 4*s when all is said and done, and that will prove to be the case with this class. Hope we are welcoming Ogundeji on Thursday.

Thanks

I like compiling information like that so people look at it factually/fairly

I also think that the 2016 class is pretty solid thus far. To be a "really good" class it's going to need a big finish at some key areas of need, which will likely require a great 2015 season as well as major push to the finish from the staff

Hopefully we see those things come together and have this be the 3rd Class In-a-Row that finishes ~10th Nationally (very solid base for the future)

Not sure if you're counting me in as a "usual suspect" or not, considering I rarely post here and you haven't commented at all on what I posted (invalidating your complaints about the current state of the 2016 class)

As you your "Northwestern. Enough Said" comment, does that also mean....
Miles (LSU) -- Arkansas. Enough Said.
Stoops (Oklahoma) -- Okie State. Enough Said.
Mahlzahn (Auburn) -- Texas A&M. Enough Said.
Sark (USC) -- Boston College. Enough Said.
etc.
etc.

It seems like you're ready to write off every single coach not names Saban or Meyer
No, I was not counting you as one of the usual suspects. However, Northwestern is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Kelly's play calling. It isn't one single incident. There have been many which this board has ranted about a great deal over the years.

I agree that the Northwestern and Louisville losses were bad ones. Even with the injuries.
But, at the end of the day, Brian Kelly is in the top 10% of Division 1 college coaches.

There are only a mere handful I would consider over Kelly. There are a few I think may be better game day coaches or others that recruit better. That doesn't mean I want them at ND.

I think Kelly the HC has been tremendous. Kelly the OC has been equally as bad and has cost us games every year (except 2012.) I just wish he would get out of the offense and get more involved in recruiting and be involved at a high-level on the offense and defense

No, I was not counting you as one of the usual suspects. However, Northwestern is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Kelly's play calling. It isn't one single incident. There have been many which this board has ranted about a great deal over the years.

Let me guess---are you Brian Davidson or chaseball?

I agree with that

While I'm a huge fan of Kelly and love him as a CEO Type Head Coach and a program build (someone I want to see stick arond for 5-10 more years), I'm not a huge fan of him as a playcaller

I completely agree that Tulsa in 2010 and Northwestern in 2014 were games that 100% should have been won but play calling and in-game decisions failed us and cost us those wins

I'd like to see Sanford end up with more of the play calling duties, ultimately

Everything I've read so far suggest that Sanford is OC in title, but largely the QB coach. Don't we also have Associate Head Coach in the offensive play calling mix as well? Like others here, I would love to see Kelly delegate more, and I would love to see Sanford play a larger role. They must have promised him the opportunity to grow into a major voice or why would he have bothered to sign on?

Hey Rear End23
You are very witty. Read more and post less.

Everything I've read so far suggest that Sanford is OC in title, but largely the QB coach. Don't we also have Associate Head Coach in the offensive play calling mix as well? Like others here, I would love to see Kelly delegate more, and I would love to see Sanford play a larger role. They must have promised him the opportunity to grow into a major voice or why would he have bothered to sign on?
You are right Telx1. The offensive coaching chart is Kelly , Denbrock and then Sanford. Sanford has exactly 1 year's experience as an OC.

Telx1

I like 4 and 5 star guys as much as the next guy but let's take a look at some in the 3 star camp and some in the 5 star camp

3 star
  • eifert
  • Jeff S
  • Darius Walker
  • Everett Golson
  • Corey Robinson
5 star
  • D Crist
  • James Aldridge
  • M Redfield ( so far not much )
  • Sam Young
Recruiting is far from an exact science -

couple other thoughts -

Are the " 3 stars " borderline 4 stars or borderline 2 stars?? -- offer list will give you that answer .

Second thought I have - 95% of the posters trashing the 3 star signings have never seen the kid play and have no idea what kind of heart - motor a kid has .

Spoke with an assistant coach about a basketball recruit last week

He made the following remarks " he is good enough right now " his ticker will determine if he turns out great .

People who have never competed in anything have no idea what that means

ADVERTISEMENT