ADVERTISEMENT

ACC LAX Tournament

IrishHerb

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 18, 2006
Irish not doing well against Duke. 5-1 at half.

ND seems to be a bit impatient and sloppy on offense.

Defense started out well, but once they got behind, it seems they are taking too many risks and Duke is getting open shots.

Hope they adjust for the 2nd half.

• Not winning face-offs
  • Not getting ground balls
  • Too many turnovers
  • Goalies can't seem to see the ball
Groan. i hate Duke, even though my daughter, a ND alumnus taught there for 2.5 years.

Dook has gotten hot. This is a better team than it was 6 weeks ago.

The score is now 12-2 with 11 minutes left in the 4th.

Dook will win the national title again. Something must be in the Durham water. This time of year is always their time.

Dook will win the national title again. Something must be in the Durham water. This time of year is always their time.

They aint the Blue Devils for nothing. They made a deal with Satan decades ago.

That said - the Irish have found life and have cut it to 12-5 with 8:25 left.

Too little, too late.

Oh well … after we beat Army next week, then on to the NCAAs. Can't see how we won't be invited.

13-8 is the final. i'm sure that this was just one of those games where they knew that they weren't going to gain anything by winning and so that's just how they played. they'll be motivated again come ncaa tourney time so i'm not really worried. we should still be a top two overall seed in the ncaa tournament and that's all that matters

Yeah. Last year ND won the ACC tournament, but then Duke beat us in the NCAA Championship game.

Maybe we'll reverse things this year.

ND wants no part of Dook in the ncaa tournament. We have to hope someone else can knock them out.

Today is not a good sign for this team come tournament time. Sadly, it looks like they won't take advantage of a dominant regular season, again. It's time for a coach Corrigan team to step up. That embarrassment today could cost them in the tournament seeding now.

The announcers talking about the upcoming NCAA LAX tournament between the ND-Duke and Cuse-NC game still think ND is the #1 seed.

Remember what happened to Duke in the ACC basketball tournament?

This is the best thing that could happen to the Lax team. Dose of reality - nobody owes you a damn thing you don't earn. You earned the regular season crown. That is all.

Excellent motivation, and I predict they play for the championship in the big game. Hopefully their learning moment is better motivation than UNC's.

Was watching the Duke-Syracuse game this afternoon … and don't really understand Duke's strategy.

They had this guy, Myles Jones, who was taller and bigger than probably everybody else on the field and apparently could bull his way in and shoot almost at will. However, Duke made relatively little use of him in crunch time. Wonder why.

I don't know IrishHerb but they can do that again if we meet up with them once more in the ncaa tournament

Was watching the Duke-Syracuse game this afternoon … and don't really understand Duke's strategy.

They had this guy, Myles Jones, who was taller and bigger than probably everybody else on the field and apparently could bull his way in and shoot almost at will. However, Duke made relatively little use of him in crunch time. Wonder why.
Thought he had an injured hand hamstringing his passing and shooting abilities so used a decoy.

Yes. I do recall them talking about stitches in his hand (thumb area). But on one lay he actually ran over a defender and then shot a goal.

Apparently he was hurting, but …

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT