ADVERTISEMENT

2 recruiting notes (both on defense)

IrishBlooded

All Star
Oct 2, 2009
5* DE Nick Bosa, Brother of Joey Bosa (Ohio State stud) Down to just 4 schools. ND is one of them.

Nick Bosa, five-star defensive end recruit and brother of Ohio State star Joey Bosa, is down to just four schools – and yes, the Buckeyes are still in the running. Monday, Chad Simmons of Scout reported that Bosa will eventuallydecide between Ohio State, Florida, Florida State and Notre Dame.

“I cannot say it is definite, but I should have my decision made this summer,” said Bosa. “It is down to Florida State, Florida, Notre Dame and Ohio State. I know it will be one of those schools.”

Bosa, a 6-foot-4, 265-pound stud for the class of 2016, is the No. 7 prospect in the country, according to Scout. While many assume he’ll wind up in Columbus because of his brother, he made sure to make it clear that he wants to check out the other schools on his list before making a final decision.

“Ohio State is there right now, but I have to look at the other schools a little more. Until I have something to compare Ohio State to, I cannot make my decision.

“I see my decision coming pretty soon though. I do not think it will take me that long to know where I want to go.”

Bosa is expected to make his decision this summer.

Number 1 recruit in the country set to visit ND this Summer.

Notre Dame, along with just about every other school in the country, has one target at the top of its overall board: Paramus (N.J.) Catholic five-star defensive tackle Rashan Gary.

The nation's No. 1 player in the class of 2016, Gary holds offers from Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida State, Auburn, Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State and just about every other top program in the country.

Per the 247Sports Crystal Ball, his recruitment is clearly wide open. There are predictions for Alabama, Michigan, Rutgers, Clemson and Penn State. At this point, there is no clear favorite according to Gary himself and a few sources close to the situation.

Is Notre Dame in the mix?

Irish247 has been able to confirm that Gary has set plans to be in South Bend this summer for a visit. The Fighting Irish coaching staff, tight ends coachScott Booker and potentially defensive line coach Keith Gilmore as well, went by Paramus Catholic last week. Following that trip, the plan was set for Gary to get on campus this summer, likely in July.

Gary will not be on campus for the Irish Invasion on June 19, since he is still in school. However, the visit to Notre Dame will occur shortly after that.

Per the 247Sports Composite rankings, Gary is the No. 1 overall player in the country, No. 1 defensive tackle in the land and No. 1 recruit in New Jersey from the class of 2016.

if we do get gary on campus then I like our chances to get an official from him this fall just because of what I've read about him and his family. some Michigan fans think that he is a lock to be a wolverine since coach harbaugh hired his head coach as an assistant but so far harbaugh isn't hitting a home run in recruiting like Michigan fans said he would after he got hired

How many younger brothers end up being better than their older brother? I wouldn't imagine it to be a high number.

it is probably slim and none for bosa but gary seems to really want to visit and so we'll see what he says after his trip to the campus

Good gosh, the sky is falling again!!
Neither may end up in South Bend. At least one is visiting though. And, as long as they have not signed paperwork for another school, ND has a shot. There are at least 2 guys currently on the ND roster who's brother played for Urban. Both held OSU offers. There is 1 guy committed to ND who's brother begged for an ND offer but never got one.

Can't hit the ball unless you swing.

Until we land some studs on D - 8 & 5 is the New Normal - to quote a famous coach "better get used to it"

This season ND already has a guy 4 star and 5.9
Last year ND had 3- 4 star 5.9 and 3-4 star 5.8 guys.
2013 had 3- 5 star 6.1s and 4- 4 star three that were 5.9 and one 5.8
The issue is the recruiting class, whick left ND thin.
90% of the NCAA teams would kill for that. Our fan base is complaining. Pull up our big girl panties.

This season ND already has a guy 4 star and 5.9
Last year ND had 3- 4 star 5.9 and 3-4 star 5.8 guys.
2013 had 3- 5 star 6.1s and 4- 4 star three that were 5.9 and one 5.8
The issue is the recruiting class, whick left ND thin.
90% of the NCAA teams would kill for that. Our fan base is complaining. Pull up our big girl panties.
Some of us have a hard time with 8-5 every year.....ND used to be a place that was feared because of the D - time to Return to Glory - GO Irish!

Some of us have a hard time with 8-5 every year.....ND used to be a place that was feared because of the D - time to Return to Glory - GO Irish!

I have been following since 71. I remember many great defenses. The talent is there. Not at every position, but many teams beyond a few would kill for ND's talent on defense. Just time to perform.

My comments are based on people's perception that we can't recruit players. They are there. We all would like a few more. I am just tired of hearing crap about recruiting when it is only May. The majority of our highest rated players traditionally come later in the process.

Look at 6-1-14 and later even last season, and guys commit earlier and earlier every year.
Also, look at the ratings for the guys that "flipped" to ND late in the process. 4 of them flipped.

Good gosh, it is May. ND will finish fine in recruiting.
Time for a huge order of Big Girl panties.
Look at the dates of committment and ratings:

Josh Barajas
LB
Merrillville, IN
Andrean
6'3"
4 stars
5/30/14
5 videos
Brandon Tiassum
DT
Indianapolis, IN
Park Tudor School
6'4"
3 stars
6/8/14
7 videos
Micah Dew-Treadway
DT
Bolingbrook, IL
Bolingbrook
6'5"
3 stars
6/11/14
6 videos
Nick Coleman
DB
Kettering, OH
Archbishop Alter
6'0"
3 stars
6/12/14
2 videos
Elijah Taylor
DT
Cincinnati, OH
Moeller
6'3"
3 stars
6/13/14
2 videos
Shaun Crawford
DB
Lakewood, OH
St. Edward
5'9"
4 stars
6/15/14
12 videos
Justin Yoon
K
Milton, MA
Milton Academy
5'11"
3 stars
6/24/14
Josh Adams
RB
Warrington, PA
Central Bucks Hs-south
6'3"
3 stars
6/30/14
4 videos
Miles Boykin
WR
New Lenox, IL
Providence Catholic
6'3"
4 stars
7/2/14
15 videos
Ashton White
DB
Forestville, MD
Bishop McNamara
5'11"
3 stars
7/2/14
7 videos
Brandon Wimbush
QB
Jersey City, NJ
St. Peter's Prep
6'1"
4 stars
10/7/14
14 videos
Bo Wallace
LB
River Ridge, LA
John Curtis
6'4"
3 stars
10/14/14
9 videos
Asmar Bilal
LB
Indianapolis, IN
Ben Davis
6'3"
4 stars
10/16/14
4 videos
Tevon Coney
LB
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Palm Beach Gardens
6'0"
4 stars
10/23/14
8 videos
Mykelti Williams
DB
Indianapolis, IN
Warren Central
6'0"
4 stars
12/19/14
3 videos
Alize Jones
TE
Las Vegas, NV
Bishop Gorman
6'5"
4 stars
1/15/15
9 videos
Equanimeous St. Brown
WR
Anaheim, CA
Servite
6'5"
4 stars
2/4/15
14 videos
Dexter Williams
RB
Orlando, FL
West Orange
5'11"
4 stars
2/4/15
4 videos

I have been following since 71. I remember many great defenses. The talent is there. Not at every position, but many teams beyond a few would kill for ND's talent on defense. Just time to perform.

My comments are based on people's perception that we can't recruit players. They are there. We all would like a few more. I am just tired of hearing crap about recruiting when it is only May. The majority of our highest rated players traditionally come later in the process.

I said slim and none -- about the chances to get these 2 players. I do not see anyone saying we cannot recruit. Boss's would be a shock.
The other guy is slim

It goes without saying that you have to try. To swing. To have any chance

But you said it anyway cause we must all be dense donkeys

New

I said slim and none -- about the chances to get these 2 players. I do not see anyone saying we cannot recruit. Boss's would be a shock.
The other guy is slim

New

The other guy is slim

I will never comment on the density of an individual.
I will say I am sick of the negativity. It is May. 65% of ND's class, and many of their higher rated recruits traditionally come later in the year. Swing for the fences. Hell, Pedroia has hit 20 in a year at 5'5" and 160 lbs.

They might to wait to see how Michigan's season under new HC first.If UM lost many games under new HC this year then they will pick ND!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT