ADVERTISEMENT

12 Monkeys

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
I just finished watching the movie 12 Monkeys. I have watched it about ten times over the years.
It made me think about time travel and if I could go back in time and warn Brian Kelly about the Alabama game even though I didn't think it would do much good.
Anyway, I go on a 12 monkeys answers message board about the insurance lady at the end of the movie and what the end meant and after reading a few posts I come to a poster name Brian Kelly who was asking about the end too. His post was dated Jan 12th, 2012 at like 5 o'clock. This was a pretty strange coincidence. I believe someone from the future is guiding me to forsee this years championship for the Irish ! Time travel not needed!
Here is the posts I copied from that message board to prove I am not BSing.

The coincidence angle is a good one too. It could just pure irony that she's in insurance and ends up basically continuing that "occupation" in the future - trying ENsure that the virus doesn't get spread in the past. – Brian Kelly Jan 12 '12 at 17:06

And while he did open the glass in the airport, he obviously needs to go to several countries for it to be completely effective. If he only hit the US, then other countries would still be around to combat the virus. If everybody is hit essentially at once... a lot less likely. – Brian Kelly Jan 12 '12 at 17:07

@BrianKelly He drops the glass in an AIRPORT. This means the virus is spread by people all over the world. The same happens in another popular movie that was launched in 2011. I won't say the name in order to not make spoilers(although it was kind of predictable). – Dragos Jan 13 '12 at 9:51

@Dragos Er, yea, okay... but then why the need to go to some many different countries? I would argue that the less places he gets to, the less harmful the virus will be. – Brian Kelly Jan 13 '12 at 13:13

@Christian Rau, I have edit my answer to explain my reasoning why the insurance lady can't be her younger self. – Kent Byerley Feb 8 '12 at 18:44

@KentByerley Yeah indeed. I also had this thought, but then maybe supressed it or attributed it to her luck, don't know. I have changed my opinion in favor of your interpretation, anyway. Or maybe Shane's, but that one is a bit too heavy for me to accept without seeing the movie again. – Napoleon Wilson♦ Feb 8 '12 at 19

ADVERTISEMENT